X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost notes on my strat

It's this strat.

I figured out a while ago that it was the G string behind the nut ringing (no tree). Easy fix to mute it, but I was wondering why I hear it through the amp. Does it mean the pickups are microphonic?
    http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/I-smeared-bacon-fat-on-my-strat-now-it-stinks/td-p/16697195

It means there is a ghost spirit. You need to perform an exorcism on it. If you ship me the guitar I'll do it for only $200, but it will take me quite a while to do it.
    Guitars: Godin Session CB, Larrivee D-05, Ibanez RG, Hagstrom Swede
    Amps/Cabs: Fargen Miniplex MKII, Egnater Tweaker, Fender Mustang III, Mills Afterburner 4x12

Good deals: Dimebag11, guitarslinger, ThePunisherTF, Wayne87mott, Kev324, zack, alaskaehlers, c2ply, ak37, droptrd, dboy5150, dropthisd, rbasaria, Shooto, Jon Hiller, DoubleBarrel, BabyDaddy, Edge11, bdhn, the gunslinger

"Hi, I'm Yesterday...and today I am looking for Tomorrow"- Maina

Comment

We had a guitar we called the Ghost because it had such insane harmonics that it would often cry and moan, seemingly independent of what the player was doing. It was a cheap, plywood copy of an LP and except for the fact that it didn't intonate properly and weighed a half-ton, it was a fun guitar.

Comment

We had a guitar we called the Ghost because it had such insane harmonics that it would often cry and moan, seemingly independent of what the player was doing. It was a cheap, plywood copy of an LP and except for the fact that it didn't intonate properly and weighed a half-ton, it was a fun guitar.

Mine seems to transfer through the nut. Any open G string and you can hear it acoustically. I just don't know why it's so obvious through the amp.
        http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/I-smeared-bacon-fat-on-my-strat-now-it-stinks/td-p/16697195

Comment

It's not as simple as the P/U's to close to the strings?

Cheers
          J_N.
          No man is an Island...
          ...unless his name is Madagascar.

Comment

This happens to plenty of guitars, just means you need to dampen the strings behind the nut. I know a lot of metal guys do that so there is no excess ringing in their staccato riffs.
            Guitars:Gibson Les Paul Standard FadedFender Roadworn '72 Deluxe TelecasterKramer StrikerAmplification:Titan Custom RetrofitRandall R412CSOfficial member of the Ninja Lows club

Comment

try more winds around the post next time you string up. the increased angle might help it
              musica delenit bestiam feram

Comment

Working...
              X