This is a pretty cool take on wood binding. Knaggs guitar on the 'Bay

slvrsrpnt

• Members

I think that Knagg is stunningly beautiful (I wasn't familiar with the brand before).

I wanted to know more about that tremolo bridge and the method of neck attachment, so I went to the Knagg site. It is also beautiful, but I found it frustrating to use. I couldn't find that info I wanted, and the type is too small for most people who are old enough to have 5k to spend on a guitar.

I never did figure-out who makes the trem, and how the neck is attached, so if anyone knows, I thank you in advance for sharing.

• Members

If you have comments or questions email Joe. He's a real nice guy and one of the best luthiers/guitar designers in the world.

If you are not familiar with Joe Knaggs he was Paul Reed Smith's head luthier/designer when Paul started the business. He then went on to run the PRS Private Stock program and has now retired from PRS and has started his own company.

Joe has designed most of the famous PRS models.

• Members

The site was a little frustrating but Knaggs does make some beautiful guitars.

The only thing that bothers me about the Severn in the OP, is that the three different wood grains remind of an old guy I saw wearing a plaid shirt, striped shorts and argyle socks.

Archived