• Show
Clear All

• For those of you who think theres no skill in electronic music

Stick to yer barre chords sonny!

Comment

Can this be done without electricity?

Comment

lame
        Fender American Special Mahogany Stratocaster.Fender American Series FSR Chambered Mahogany Telelcaster.warmoth strat FloydCrate V30 headAvatar cab.Bad Monkey.Ibanez WH10 wah.Line 6 Podxt3.Right Wing Forum Guard.

Comment

lame

Really? In what way did you think it was lacking?

Comment

im guessing that he is using abelton....it puts everything in time for you...the hard part really is the prep...and remembering your routine and what pad does what....i dj for fun on the side and i can do live remixes in traktor...now im not gonna even say im that great...but doing this kind of thing in abelton isnt really that hard. it is still cool
            here is a live remix i did a few months back

like i said....i am no pro...but i think what i am doing here is "technicly tougher than what is above....because it is truly live...(i know music is kinda queer)

Comment

I read about this video on the Ableton forums a couple of years ago...

It was not done in a single take, but many small "a couple notes here, a couple notes there" takes and then clipped together to give the illusion it was done in a single take.
              Pissing The World Off One Day At A Timeâ„¢

Comment

It was not done in a single take, but many small "a couple notes here, a couple notes there" takes and then clipped together to give the illusion it was done in a single take.

So it doesn't take any skill to make ****************ty music?
                Hold mah beer an' watch this!

Comment

Kill that noise! I can not take more than 5 seconds of that craps.
                  Good deals with: rockbot

Comment

So it doesn't take any skill to make ****************ty music?

This is not music I would listen to specifically but I appreciate the skill involved.
                    Frank was a bit more open minded no?

Comment

I watched it again looking for edits but I can't see any.
                      I have watched a lot of youtube videos in the past with people using this technique of playing live music using sample pads (I'm sure it has a name but I don't know what it is).
                      This one struck me as being the most impressive but not to a degree that it might be fake.

Comment

All the hard work was done for him already.
                        Good dealings with ~dcindc x2~alleytrash~ashasha~jjegg~Yavin

Comment

I love EDM myself but good luck trying to convince anyone else here. You either like it or you don't.
                          The music is like colorful garbage artfully thrown upon yr. lawnDie Now - Live Later

Comment

This is not music I would listen to specifically but I appreciate the skill involved.
                            Frank was a bit more open minded no?

"If it sounds GOOD to YOU, it's bitchen; and if it sounds BAD to YOU, it's ****************ty."

Hold mah beer an' watch this!

Comment

I dig the Glitch Mob a bunch. They incorporate some real instruments as well live performed remixes. Cool stuff.

Their latest, very basic compared to most the stuff they do.

A better sample:

Will Chen Trio | FrugalGuitarist.com | FG on Facebook | Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X