HNGD.... I don't need no stinkin' Neck Pickup.

Saturn

• Members

I found this in the used section at GC dirt cheap and couldn't pass it up. I really cant afford another guitar but had to figure out a way to pick it up before someone else snapped it up.

66b1c9f9.jpg

It's a Fender FSR Strait Six. A single Fender Atomic humbucker and single volume knob. Pretty cool guitar. And it's routed for HSS if I ever want to change out the pick guard. Right now I'm kind of digging the single humbucker.

And just for the heck of it here are my matching Strats.

40d7ffa0.jpg

Oh ya I fixed the crooked hanger already.

• Members

The wife is out for a little bit so I have my Laney cranked up a bit and it sounds pretty good. I heard some bad reviews of the Fender Atomic but it's not bad. Maybe a little to mid rangey but totally useable.

I kind of have a thing for black on black and black on white Strats. Of the 8 Strats I've had over the years 6 of them have been black on black or black on white.

• Members

Right on! I definitely spend more time on the neck position than any other, but I dig a bridge HB. I have two bridge HB only guitars and another guitar than I only play on the bridge position.

:thu:

They both look like all business guitars!

HNGD!

TLHNDGirl900.jpg

• Members

I love that model, stumbled across one in an mom and pop store and I loved it.

I guess there were only 800 something of them made. I have never seen one. Slightly thinner body contour and flat black paint job on all. This one had the white pick guard swapped for black but otherwise stock.

• Members

The wife is out for a little bit so I have my Laney cranked up a bit and it sounds pretty good. I heard some bad reviews of the Fender Atomic but it's not bad. Maybe a little to mid rangey but totally useable.

I kind of have a thing for black on black and black on white Strats. Of the 8 Strats I've had over the years 6 of them have been black on black or black on white.

My FMT Tele had the Fender-branded pickups installed... some had Duncans, some had Dimarzios and some were Fender. I think it had an Atomic in the bridge and, while it wasn't my very favorite, I wasn't really tempted to chance it.

It also split pretty well.

• Members

My FMT Tele had the Fender-branded pickups installed... some had Duncans, some had Dimarzios and some were Fender. I think it had an Atomic in the bridge and, while it wasn't my very favorite, I wasn't really tempted to chance it.

It also split pretty well.

I'm kind of digging the Atomic right now. I'll see what I think a few weeks down the road but right now I see no reason to change it.

• Members

I guess there were only 800 something of them made. I have never seen one. Slightly thinner body contour and flat black paint job on all. This one had the white pick guard swapped for black but otherwise stock.

thats awesome man. The one I played felt identical to my HWY1 strat, if I would wager a guess I'd say they're made from the same parts.

Big fan of 1 pickup guitar, my Kramer rules :love:

100_0412.jpg

• Members

thats awesome man. The one I played felt identical to my HWY1 strat, if I would wager a guess I'd say they're made from the same parts.

Big fan of 1 pickup guitar, my Kramer rules
:love:
100_0412.jpg

I've seen you post that one before. I love that guitar.

• Members

I heard some bad reviews of the Fender Atomic but it's not bad...

As far as I know the only place I've played the Fender HB atomics was on some Toronados I messed around on when they were first issued. I remember thinking they were quite nice pups...

• Members

As far as I know the only place I've played the Fender HB atomics was on some Toronados I messed around on when they were first issued. I remember thinking they were quite nice pups...

I'm liking the Atomic so far. I spent several hours last night playing it and I'm not finding any reason to change the pickup.

• Members

So I have been playing the Strait Six pretty much non stop and at first I thought the Atomic humbucker was a little mid rangey and had kind of a shrill high end. I noticed something odd while playing through my Laney. I was hearing a little high pitch squeel I'm the back ground. At first I thought I might have a microphonic tube but no squeel with my other guitars. So I was then thinking feedback from the Atomic. Before I freaked out I figured I'd change the strings. And see if it was as simple as a stringing issue.

After putting on a fresh set of EB 10s no more squeel and the shrill high end is much mellower. The pickup actually sounds quite good. I think it will be staying.

Archived