What's up with www.suhrguitars.com ?

RockNote

• Members

That's not the way it used to look. Probably just catching them in the middle of transitioning to a new format. which does look WAY better than the crappy layout they used to have.

Although you would think they would have a completed website and then just flip a switch over.....but then I'm not sure how these things really work.

the site seems to update a small amount at a time every few days. I get the feeling that someone who works for Suhr and not a dedicated web design company is doing the new site...if I had the money I'd own a GG model myself. Even the Rasmus version would be pretty cool.

• Members
THey're moving everything over to suhr.com instead and it's a bit of mess right now.
Some
of the old links still work, though, so you can probably find information about the GG model if you dig around

Hm, they were working a couple weeks ago... I just tried some of my old links and they no longer work. Which GG sig model are you interested in (the standard, antique or set neck)?

• Members

Hm, they
were
working a couple weeks ago... I just tried some of my old links and they no longer work. Which GG sig model are you interested in (the standard, antique or set neck)?

The standard or the set neck. Do you know if they too have the "built-in wah pedal" of the Antique? Check this out!

Probably not, as he's just discovered it. Maybe a feature of the wood in combination with the same electronics?

• Members

From their forum, they are making a number of changes.

New format, new servers, domain name change, and trying to migrate anything that was on the apple imac? to whatever the new backend is (iwork?).

But, they are doing it in house and I don't think they have a IT SME on staff.

• Members
The standard or the set neck. Do you know if they too have the "built-in wah pedal" of the Antique? Check this out!

Probably not, as he's just discovered it. Maybe a feature of the wood in combination with the same electronics?

I don't know for sure, but a friend of mine has a GG sig, I can check it out and let you know. I can also try on mine, which has the same electronics, but different wood and build (alder + maple + set neck).

• Members

I don't know for sure, but a friend of mine has a GG sig, I can check it out and let you know. I can also try on mine, which has the same electronics, but different wood and build (alder + maple + set neck).

Oh, so you have a version of it! How do you like it? It's very kind of you to offer to investigate this on my behalf, but you mustn't trouble yourself with this. I would at any rate need to consider if I want the exact sig model or, as I suspect, use it as a starting point for a custom order. That is, if I decide to go through with it.

Things I especially consider: The vibrato system. Should I opt for Titanium Floyd or Gotoh Floyd instead? I certainly want a backplate even if I stick with the stock (sig) version. 22 of 24 frets? HSS rather than HSH?

Archived