X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely FANTASTIC Documentary....

eh, well I sure like Fishbone, so this could be interesting.

Comment

NICE!

Comment

Fishbone?

Comment

Fishbone.
          <div class="signaturecontainer">~Heel</div>

Comment

Watched it a few weeks ago on Netflix instant.

Definitely a good doc. A totally underrated/underappreciated band.
            <div class="signaturecontainer">Turbojugend Atlanta - Heavy Artillery<br />
            <br />
            Gretsch 6129T Silver Jet<br />
            Squier Vintage Modified 70's P-Bass<br />
            Ace Tone Top-5 Combo Organ<br />
            Vox Jaguar Combo Organ<br />
            Fender Deluxe 112+</div>

Comment

I love Fishbone! Their stuff is a great blend of styles. I do have one complaint.

I went to see FB at Red Rocks, Morrison, Colorado many years ago. They came out and shouted at us for the first 15 minutes. Their beef was that Red Rocks used to be sacred American Indian land until is taken away by the oppressive white people. OK that does suck but it happened so long ago and I certainly wasn't a party to it, nor could I do anything about it at that point. Also, it seemed pretty hypocritical of them to play a show there if they felt so strongly that the AI had been screwed over by the man. Perhaps, it was just meant as a history lesson for us but it was also a big buzz kill. Still, once they got into their music, it was a great show.
              I don't give a d.a.m.n about hypes, fanclubs or tonal religions. All I care about is what works for me.<br><br>&quot;...it's not religion that's the problem, but any system of thought that insists that one group of people are inviolably in the right, whereas the others are in the wrong and must somehow be punished.&quot; ~ Rod Liddle<br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=631095&amp;content=music">JROCK BRIDGE MUSIC</a>

Comment

Sometimes learning uncomfortable truths can be a bit of a buzzkill, indeed. Usually worth it, though, IMHO.

Comment

Will watch tonight!

Comment

Saweeeet! I didn't know it was on Netflix. I might watch it tonight.

Comment

Sometimes learning uncomfortable truths can be a bit of a buzzkill, indeed. Usually worth it, though, IMHO.

I didn't have a problem with the message. It was the way the message was delivered that left a bad taste in my mouth. But, who knows if I'd have remembered the message so vividly had it been administered in a friendly way rather than an angry way. :idk:
                      I don't give a d.a.m.n about hypes, fanclubs or tonal religions. All I care about is what works for me.<br><br>&quot;...it's not religion that's the problem, but any system of thought that insists that one group of people are inviolably in the right, whereas the others are in the wrong and must somehow be punished.&quot; ~ Rod Liddle<br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=631095&amp;content=music">JROCK BRIDGE MUSIC</a>

Comment

:thu: :thu: :thu: I watched it this past weekend via Netflix streaming, then rented the DVD so I could see the bonus material.

Comment

One of the most spectacularly talented, creative, boundry busting bands ever.

I'll have to check out the doc.

I spent some time hanging in the studio with the keyboard player, Chris Dowd, one day. He told me a little bit about the whole thing with Kendall Jones. Scary and sad.
                          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Guitars: 1990ish Fender American Standard Strat,<br />
                          Epiphone Sheraton II, Austin strat copy, mid-1930s Martin R-18<br />
                          <br />
                          Amps: Fender Blues DeVille 4X10 tweed, 60s Ampeg Jet</font></div>

Comment

Watched it last week. Fascinating and sad simultaneously. Killed by too much democracy. Kendall joining the cult and the attempted intervention all happened about 10 miles down the road from me here and at the time I was oblivious. Saddest thing was seeing Angelo having to move back in with mom and vacuum the house to earn his keep. Ultimately they might have been one of the best things to come out of forced busing/integration...also the Kendall reunion in Berkeley was a joyous thing to behold...

Comment

Seems to me Angelo is obstinate to the point of near insanity. If they didn't swear a lot, and played the 'hits', they could do well on the festival circuit. But Angelo can't do that.

But maybe he's a true artist, refusing to compromise. In any case, great doc.

Comment

Working...
                              X