• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Another Partscaster

Pics below, here's the specs:

- MIM body
    - Mighty Mite neck (ebony board)
    - Gotoh Floyd (OFR nut)
    - DiMarzio Evolution 2 (bridge) and Evolution (neck) with a Fender Am.Std middle
    - Warmoth PG
    - Gotoh tuners

Body and neck were sprayed by a friend.

Apologies for the crappy pics. All I have is a crappy camera.

Sweet, other than the Floyd I love it!
    <div class="signaturecontainer">I one day hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.<br><br><br><br>WORDS OF WISDOM FROM VARIOUS MEMBERS<br><br><br><br>&quot;most often the guitar will rise or fall to the level of the player&quot;<br><br><br><br>&quot;people overthink ****************&quot;<br><br><br><br>&quot;Sometimes you gotta know when to shut the **************** up and have a little class. Not you, you're special.&quot;<br><br><br><br>&quot;If it sounds good to you then it sounds good&quot;</div><br>The bull**************** and myths in the guitar world are stacked very high.

Comment

I dig it! Almost everything about it, in fact. Visually, I prefer an H/S/S look even if the neck is a SC-sized HB but that's a minor quibble.

HNGD!

Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

Wow, that's sweet, Happy New Partscaster Day

Comment

Very, very nice. Love the color.
          <div class="signaturecontainer">--<br />
          Wagdog<br />
          Check out Lunar Commander on:<br />
          <a href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lunar-commander/id537292752?ls=1&amp;mt=8" target="_blank">iTunes App Store</a> <br />
          <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.johnnywag.lunarcommander" target="_blank">Google Play</a><br />
          <br />
          Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!: <br />
          <a href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lunar-commander-lite/id541647543?ls=1&amp;mt=8" target="_blank">iTunes App Store</a><br />
          <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.johnnywag.lunarcommanderlite" target="_blank">Google Play</a> <br />
          <br />
          <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.johnnywag.freefireworksshow" target="_blank">Free Fireworks Show for Android</a><br />
          <br />
          &quot;Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by&quot;<br />
          - Joe Walsh<br />
          <br />
          <font size="1"><br />
          Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber<br />
          </font></div>

Comment

NOM!
            <div class="signaturecontainer">LeftyTom<br />
            <br />
            It is not what you play, but THAT you play.</div>

Comment

Surfy likes partscasters and yours is fantastic!
              <div class="signaturecontainer">HC Geezer Brigade #71<br />
              <br />
              &quot;There's a little green man in my head&quot;</div>

Comment

Looks great. Thought you were more of a traditional guy, not the heavy hardware type.

Comment

No offense but that guitar is hideous.

J/K

Cool guitar. Congratulations.

Comment

Cool look! On a strat I prefer either the original style bridge or a hardtail set up. Still, I like the look!

I have some questions since I'm contemplating a build...

How do you like the MightyMite neck?

What type of finish did you use (poly, nitrocellulose, other)?

Did you consider other bodies than a MIM?
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><b>Gear:</b><br />
                    Gibson LP Special DC/ Epi LP Special DC/ 78 Hamer Sunburst<br />
                    Washburn WI64DL/ Epi Flying V/Kramer Striker<br />
                    '77 Electra X410 Super Jazz (Matsumoku 335 style)<br />
                    '78 Fender Twin Reverb'87 Fender &quot;Evil Twin&quot;<br />
                    Bugera Vintage 22<br />
                    Vox ToneLab LE/MXR 10 Band EQ/Bad Horsie<br />
                    </font><br />
                    Good deals with: lowellintn , brian_ward, JoshuaTSP, michaellambson, Mark Cearlock, zepsongs, stratguy23, sir punk<br />
                    _____________________<br />
                    <br />
                    I came to HC for the guitars and amps but stuck around for the crazy!</div>

Comment

I like it! HNGD
                      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="#800000" face="sans serif">&quot;I feel kind of sorry for the guys who know so much about playing. I pick it up, put my finger in the wrong place and - ah, a song!&quot;</font>~ Keith Richards<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.paulgraham.com/disagree.html">How to disagree</a></div><br>

Comment

I rate this like.

Mazi Bee Militia!
                        JJ Pistols Kickfụck Brigade
                        PpP
                        My gear list is in serious need of an update...

Comment

That thing is badass! Especially love that color too. HNGD!
                          <div class="signaturecontainer">Jackson and Fender guitars, Port City and Peavey Amplification and Pizza!<br />
                          <a href="http://www.facebook.com/cosmicsea315" target="_blank">www.facebook.com/cosmicsea315</a></div>

Comment

Congrats there comes satisfaction from picking the parts for a project such as that and assembling it yourself.
                            <div class="signaturecontainer">catdaddy</div>

Comment

I rate this like.

You do anything with that neck yet? lol

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X