LTD ST-203

ShoreCat

• Members

I've had my eye on the LTD 203 model for a while now. I like the distressed look, and the price is right (Versus paying for a Fender Road Worn model.)

LTD%2BST-203%2Bstand%2Balone.jpg

What do you guys think of this guitar? It seems like a pretty good deal, for the $349 price tag. Would it make sense to upgrade pickups in one of these, or just leave it stock?

The ESP vintage model is about $1000 more. I think at that point, I'd probably look into the Road Worn series.

• Members

I used to have one. It was a really nice guitar, but the neck is very thin. Thats why I sold mine.

I want a thinner profile neck. I play an SG style guitar now (G-400.) What would you say is the weight of this guitar?

• Members

Mine needed tweaking out of the gate to address a dead spot. Luthier told me it was the nut, an easy fix (for him). Also dropped in a DiMarzio pickguard (Area '58, '67, '61) and the difference is vast. Original pickups sounded too similar to each other (for me). Plays and sounds amazing now. You can read reviews here and there that rave about the neck and I agree with them, it's sweet. Weight? I can't tell, sorry. Zzounds lists shipping weight at 16lbs. But that seems heavy to me... DIY types should not hesitate. YMMV.

Archived