Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

So my new band just got its first noise complaint.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my new band just got its first noise complaint.

Woohoo! Practicing at my house last night, I spotted a police cruiser rolling up and suspected pretty quickly what it was about. Brief moment of panic aside - this was actually my first ever complaint - the officer was actually pretty cordial about the whole thing. We chatted music for a little while, then decided to call it an early night and go out for wings. Either way, cowpunk broke my noise complaint cherry. Woohoo!
    I'm in a band called Little Sluggers. Signature.

Congrats on your first complaint! Haha

If you live in Miami, you'll never get complaints. Everyone blasts music til sunup.
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

Play better music and no one will complain...

I kid, I just checked out the single and you guys have a real cool sound. Welcome to your first of many!
      Good Trades/Deals

ReverbNation - Honest Thieves
      FaceBook - Honest Thieves

Music
      Jars of Clay - MuteMath - Foo Fighters - Smashing Pumpkins - Led Zeppelin - Iron & Wine (to relax by)

Comment

I have a feud going with one neighbor. I'm really not that loud that often, but he's a prick. So I got to speak with the police after I damn near thumped him after he came banging on my door one New Year's Eve night at 9:30. At that time, ****************, we were just having dinner while listening to a concert DVD.

The police seemed to realize my neighbor was the A-hole. I mean, who calls the cops on their neighbor at 9:30 PM on NY's eve for someone listening to The Bangles.

But that was a year and a half ago. It's about time I receive another visit
        A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
        HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
        Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
        I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

Play better music and no one will complain...

I kid, I just checked out the single and you guys have a real cool sound. Welcome to your first of many!

Thanks! That's a different band, actually. The one that got the complaint is a little, ah, rowdier.
          I'm in a band called Little Sluggers. Signature.

Comment

Wake The Neighbors!!
            60's Classic Vibe Jazz Bass
            Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass
            Acoustic B200/115
            Sansamp DI/Boss TU-3
            Marshall MGHDFX-100/a
            Digitech RP-355

Comment

never been a fan of loud neighbors myself.
              Besides being a guitar player,
              I'm a big fan of the guitar.
              I love that damn instrument.
              -Steve Vai

Comment

never been a fan of loud neighbors myself.

I try to keep things down, but it is hard not to crank it up the odd time. Living next to arseholes who have zero respect isn't fun...BUT, my police officer cousin summed it up for me: "That is what they make ski masks and baseball bats for".
                Originally Posted by chainsaw fats
                Can I drink your piss?

Great people: d_dave_c, wbcsound.

Comment

Did they have scmods?
                  --
                  Wagdog
                  Check out Lunar Commander on:
                  iTunes App Store
                  Google Play

Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
                  iTunes App Store
                  Google Play

Free Fireworks Show for Android

"Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
                  - Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

Congrats! Now go buy bigger gear! j/k
                    Good deals~
                    dragula1971 (x2), thesodajerk,boonestunes,frankthomson,I-like2play,dbrettw,jl in nc,WFOJON,
                    Bro Blue,hcprimerib,jsjs13,vidiot72,rog951,Kalebmation ,aehoff,twotimingpete,StratsRule07, and many others

Comment

It might seem amusing now, but if it happens every time you guys practice, it's gonna get old quick.
                      Hold mah beer an' watch this!

Comment

"who calls the cops on their neighbor at 9:30 PM on NY's eve for someone listening to The Bangles."

Prince?

Comment

"who calls the cops on their neighbor at 9:30 PM on NY's eve for someone listening to The Bangles."

Prince?

Exactly
                          A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
                          HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
                          Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
                          I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

I have a feud going with one neighbor. I'm really not that loud that often, but he's a prick. So I got to speak with the police after I damn near thumped him after he came banging on my door one New Year's Eve night at 9:30. At that time, ****************, we were just having dinner while listening to a concert DVD.

The police seemed to realize my neighbor was the A-hole. I mean, who calls the cops on their neighbor at 9:30 PM on NY's eve for someone listening to The Bangles.

But that was a year and a half ago. It's about time I receive another visit

Wow, guy sounds like a tool. Congrats on your restraint
                            "Can somebody give me a hand with all this talent?"

Comment

Checked out the single and you guys rock. The vocals reminded me of Neil Young. You never know your neighbors situation. May have school age children that have to be in bed by 9 or he could be a total jerk.

Comment

Working...
                              X