Looking for 60's semi hollow...

chrisjnyc

• Members

This is the coolest thing you will every find. Needs some restoration mind you, but awesome relic, and should play great.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-1960s-BURNS-BALDWIN-VIBRA-SLIM-GUITAR-PROJECT-FOR-REPAIR-ALL-ORIGINAL-/251149123771?pt=Guitar&hash=item3a79a780bb

Cool guitar, but it looks like it needs a lot of work...:cry:

• Members

They made good and bad guitars in every decade.

Yea, ownhave owned a bunch.... 2 from the 70's, 4 from the 80's and 5-6 from the 90's.... Some better than others. I know a lot of people like the 80's Japanese guitars, but I haven't played one I like. I am sure there are some great finds out there, but I would rather just look for a 60's built guitar

• Members

I was wondering the same thing. Especially if talking Gretsc. Modern gretsches are pretty much the best Gretsch guitars out there.

right, well, the 6000 series at least. they are made in japan by custom shop level luthiers. the 5000 series are made in china and, well..... while not too bad aren't nearly the quality of the japanese Gretsches. I just got a 6120, and it's out of this world. I haven't picked up my 335 since :lol:

I had a guild starfire 4 and we didnt bond. I traded it for a 72 tele deluxe, and glad i did.

more pics?

here ya go

the 6120

IMG_0038.jpg

my 1969 ES335TD

IMG_0039.jpg

• Members

right, well, the 6000 series at least. they are made in japan by custom shop level luthiers. the 5000 series are made in china and, well..... while not too bad aren't nearly the quality of the japanese Gretsches. I just got a 6120, and it's out of this world. I haven't picked up my 335 since
:lol:

I had a guild starfire 4 and we didnt bond. I traded it for a 72 tele deluxe, and glad i did.

more pics?

here ya go

the 6120

IMG_0038.jpg

my 1969 ES335TD

IMG_0039.jpg

Agios Haralampos! Very nice... Antique?

• Members

If you're talking a Gibson or Guild, I get it. If you're talking USA Gretsch (really fragile) or those whacko Japanese made models, I don't see the fascination. They're just really bad, old guitars. The new Terada-made Gretches are really nice and the lowliest current Ibanez Artcores are better guitars than those 60's Japanese hollowbodies.

Archived