Oldschool NGD...

Preacher

• Members

So I was out visiting family a couple weeks ago and had lunch with an aunt and uncle (love me some chile rellenos!) - had a great time. Anyway, we get out to the parking lot and he opens his trunk whereupon I see a guitar case. As he opens it and pulls the guitar out I give it a quick lookover to assess which issue he'll probably ask me to fix.

But he's telling a story, saying he and my aunt are simplyifying things and were selling a few of their guitars. This one, however, was dear to him and he would rather give it to someone that would give it the playing time it deserved than sell it...so he would like me to have it. By this time my jaw was just hanging slack, wobbling in the afternoon breeze. Though my mind was a little blown I thanked him quite genuinely. Got it back and took some pics.

Needs new tuners and i might try to track down a pickguard.

tldr version: early 50's (?) ES-125...

Tapered headstock

solid-footed rosewood bridge

19 frets

HPIM1743.jpg

HPIM1744.jpg

HPIM1747.jpg

HPIM1748.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Plug that thing into a tube amp and crank up some blues. Those full-hollow P-90 guitars freakin' HOWL!
:thu::thu:

That is word right there! the tuner buttons started to fall apart in my hand but I did plug it into a little solid state amp in the meantime and was kind of blown away by the clarity of the pickup - and that little guy shure do like some gain. :evil:

Archived