Sky Les Paul

fuzztone

• Members

I bought this on Ebay. They sell for $139 with free shipping.It has a set neck rosewood fingerboard, alder body, maple top & neck and Grover style tuners.It could be junk but seller has good feedback and says it can be returned for any reason so questions asked.

I wanted a Les Paul like the one I used to have but I don't want to sell all my other guitars to buy one so this will have to do for now.

sky1259-1c-1-1-1-1-1.jpg100_0906_edited-1-1-1-1.jpg

sky1259-1c-3.jpg

sky1259-1c-2.jpg

sky1259-1c-1.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My boss has one sitting in his office w/ a BB King signature on it. It took a good set up to make it playable, but it is playable. I've never plugged it into anything, so not sure how it sounds. I'll reserve my opinions until you get yours and can give us a review.

• Members

$139?

Good luck.

I get your point, but I have an Xaviere LP copy that I bought for $219 that has been a damn good guitar with only minor issues. I'm interested in finding out what kind of experience fuzztone will have with the Sky LP.

• Members

Errr... I think it needs more fuzz and more distortion and possibly a treble booster.
:eek:

Was that really used in an add???
:confused:
What were they thinking!!!

Cheers

J_N.

Haha,that V is the only guitar they've demoed

This company just sells a shitload of unrelated stuff like these

on ebay and amazon.

• Members

Yes, it's too bad that SKY can use that headstock shape for their LP copies, but Epiphone can't. I mean golly, Gibson might SUE Epiphone for infringement or something...
:rolleyes:

Well that's the thing:Sky can't use it either. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this guitar actually looks like the photos when it arrives.

FlameWar-2.jpgsky1259-1c-1-1-1-1-1.jpgFlameWar-1.jpg

• Members

I'd be interested to see the construction quality.

So long as the neck is straight and plays well, everything is drilled and line up properly, and the paint work looks decent this would be a solid deal even if all the hardware/electronics needed replacing. If any of that is any good, well then, bonus.

I'm a cheapie fan, btw, and really my main concern - especially on a setneck - is always the neck. If it's crooked/bowed, has gnarly frets, or just doesn't feel good that can be a pain to get into shape. A clean paintjob is always nice too unless you go into it with re-paint in mind. Everything else is cake to fix.

The pics don't show the bridge being slightly angled as tuneomatics usually are so hopefully that doesn't cause problems.

Definitely interested to hear what you think though.

• Members

My nephew has that black one- he just got it. Strangely, the tuners look like Grover but actually

say "Golden" on them. And he says it is a basswood body, not alder as advertised. I am not

sure what his thoughts are on it, I will ask him and report back.

Thanks! I'm really interested to hear what he says.

• Members

Correct headstock shape, incorrectly installed bridge. lulz

I was just about to point-0ut the problem with the ToM being mounted parallel to the tailpiece. I don't see that the ToM has any more travel in it's saddles than a standard ToM, so yeah, I think intonation's going to be a problem (depending on the gauge).

Any maker that gets that detail wrong, isn't one that I would trust.

Archived