Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPOTD - 9.24.12

Year: 2001
    Manufacturer: Fender
    The Common Sense Mets Fan

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

I have that same color, year, etc... It just has gold lace sensors on it now.
    You're welcome here if you're of the spirit to make a sound.

Comment

Yes, please.
      Guitars Canada - Guitar Forum for Canadians

Comment

Very nice, and a nice price

Comment

yes! love fiesta red!
          SPAM:

Custom Wired Strat Pickguard Assemblies - PM me to discuss specs & pricing

Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic

Comment

Would you believe that I've never owned nor played a USA strat? One of these days....

Anyway -- on topic, that thing looks like it's never been out of the case!
            You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it. -- Joe Strummer

Comment

One of my all time favorite Strat colors. I could use a little something extra...birdseye neck, vintage trem, etc.

Comment

Love fiesta red, love that guitar.

Comment

One of my all time favorite Strat colors. I could use a little something extra...birdseye neck, vintage trem, etc.

How about a custom, graphic pickguard?

You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it. -- Joe Strummer

Comment

How about a custom, graphic pickguard?

I would get so lost in that I would forget to play the guitar.

Comment

Very Nice!

Great classic color, too.
                      Guitars: 1990ish Fender American Standard Strat,
                      Epiphone Sheraton II, Austin strat copy, mid-1930s Martin R-18

Amps: Fender Blues DeVille 4X10 tweed, 60s Ampeg Jet

Comment

Of course!
                        Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

The differences in the responses here and at Wein's are fascinating.
                          ~Heel

Comment

The differences in the responses here and at Wein's are fascinating.

every forum is different.
                            The Common Sense Mets Fan

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

I definitely prefer the look of a vintage trem... And I'd change the pickguard to mint and go with cream trim bits and replace the pickups and would probably buy a more figured neck from Warmoth and go with vintage type tuners and sell the left over bits... Other than that HELL YEAH I'd rock it!

Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

Working...
                              X