No announcement yet.

So I just got a new job and I'm looking to grab a Lester

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I just got a new job and I'm looking to grab a Lester

But I have a pretty specific one in mind. I want a plaintop in honeyburst with a NOT baked maple fretboard. I also don't want to pay R8 money

any older models I can track down that'll fit the bill?
    Guitars:Gibson Les Paul Standard FadedFender Roadworn '72 Deluxe TelecasterKramer StrikerAmplification:Titan Custom RetrofitRandall R412CSOfficial member of the Ninja Lows club

Maybe look for an older Les Paul Classic? I see them going for $1300-ish in good shape from time to time. Less if you're patient.

Skinny neck is a plus for me, but not the hotter ceramic pickups...but those can be changed. Most have the funky green-ish trap inlays, but I kinda dig those.

Congrats on the new job!
    >>>Click here for my list of smooooov deals!

Comment

A quick eBay search will show you a few in the $2000 range. I don't think that Standards, Traditionals, etc. ever had baked maple on them.
      Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

Wait till you get your first few paychecks, Eli... Just sayin. Nothing worse than starting out with unnecessary, additional debt (not counting school debt in this). After that, I agree with the above that for a plaintop you will probably have to go with a LP Classic.
        - Gibson ES-335
        - Gibson Hummingbird
        - Fender Strat MIM
        - Ovation Tangent & Tangent Bass
        - Vox AC15C1 - British Racing Green

F-Holes

Originally Posted by GreatDane

the player plays, but the instrument should inspire.

Comment

Wait till you get your first few paychecks, Eli... Just sayin. Nothing worse than starting out with unnecessary, additional debt (not counting school debt in this). After that, I agree with the above that for a plaintop you will probably have to go with a LP Classic.

I'm not going to go into debt to buy a guitar, don't worry Josh
          Guitars:Gibson Les Paul Standard FadedFender Roadworn '72 Deluxe TelecasterKramer StrikerAmplification:Titan Custom RetrofitRandall R412CSOfficial member of the Ninja Lows club

Comment

Here's a pic I found of a plaintop honeyburst Classic.

>>>Click here for my list of smooooov deals!

Comment

...with a NOT baked maple fretboard...

Don't knock it 'til you try it -- feels just as slick and hard as ebony to me!
              You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it. -- Joe Strummer

Comment

Classic will do the trick.
                But, they have thin necks if that's a showstopper.

Comment

Don't knock it 'til you try it -- feels just as slick and hard as ebony to me!

Honestly I love the feel of baked maple, its awesome. But I like dark fingerboards and I've never seen a baked maple board that looked good.

Comment

That really is one nice looking Lester!

Comment

Yeah, an older Classic was the first thing I thought of, as long as you're down with the skinny neck (which is probably the only reason I don't have one).
                      ~Heel

Comment

Yeah, an older Classic was the first thing I thought of, as long as you're down with the skinny neck (which is probably the only reason I don't have one).

does the current production classic share the same neck? I like medium sized neck, but I can get down with a skinny neck if its shaped right.

Comment

How far are you from Philly? The Fall Philly guitar show is November 10-11. I'll bet that room will be full of LPs to choose from.
                          Geezer Brigade Member #350

Comment

How far are you from Philly? The Fall Philly guitar show is November 10-11. I'll bet that room will be full of LPs to choose from.

I'm really close to philly. Hmmmm...

Comment

It's hard to tell from the pic but that looks like a standard to me. All the classics I have ever seen have the inlay on the first fret.

Comment

Working...
                              X