So I just got a new job and I'm looking to grab a Lester

ej

• Members

Maybe look for an older Les Paul Classic? I see them going for $1300-ish in good shape from time to time. Less if you're patient.

Skinny neck is a plus for me, but not the hotter ceramic pickups...but those can be changed. Most have the funky green-ish trap inlays, but I kinda dig those.

Congrats on the new job! :thu:

• Members

Wait till you get your first few paychecks, Eli... Just sayin. Nothing worse than starting out with unnecessary, additional debt (not counting school debt in this). After that, I agree with the above that for a plaintop you will probably have to go with a LP Classic.

• Members

Wait till you get your first few paychecks, Eli... Just sayin. Nothing worse than starting out with unnecessary, additional debt (not counting school debt in this). After that, I agree with the above that for a plaintop you will probably have to go with a LP Classic.

I'm not going to go into debt to buy a guitar, don't worry Josh :thu:

• Members

Don't knock it 'til you try it -- feels just as slick and hard as ebony to me!

Honestly I love the feel of baked maple, its awesome. But I like dark fingerboards and I've never seen a baked maple board that looked good.

• Members

Yeah, an older Classic was the first thing I thought of, as long as you're down with the skinny neck (which is probably the only reason I don't have one).

does the current production classic share the same neck? I like medium sized neck, but I can get down with a skinny neck if its shaped right.

Archived