Wow...Check this out...this is TIIIGHT!

soundcreation

• Moderators

never thought i'd see Eminem rapping over a blues riff. Not a fan of him but good to see him evolving out of his comfort zone a bit.

Yes, once I'd gotten over my arse, which it has to be said took quite some effort, I enjoyed that, although damn are you the nation of free and brave with that much lack of freedom of speech that they have to bleep out so much of the song?

• Members

Yes, once I'd gotten over my arse, which it has to be said took quite some effort, I enjoyed that, although damn are you the nation of free and brave with that much lack of freedom of speech that they have to bleep out so much of the song?

yeah I'd LOVE to find the uncensored version of it somewhere....

I'm guessing it'll be locked up by NBC forever.

• Members

That is pretty awesome. It's always good to see a real life interpretation of quantized DAW loops. I guess it is possible. I can't imagine that's an easy groove to hold together for five minutes.

There's no denying Em's talent. From what ABC let us hear, it sounds like he's still got it.

Probably not the Clapton/Kenny G duet everybody was hoping for when they clicked on this.

• Members

You got farther than I did.

See, I didn't think it was that bad until about halfway through. It's not the rapping necessarily, I just got tired of the music after about 2 minutes. The guitar part (or sound effect, really - it sounded like one of those random samples that get looped behind a lot of rap songs) got annoying after a while, and not a whole lot changed in the background other than a few crashes on the cymbals. To each his/her own, though. Not every song has to have a bunch of parts for people to like it.

• Members

That is pretty awesome. It's always good to see a real life interpretation of quantized DAW loops. I guess it is possible. I can't imagine that's an easy groove to hold together for five minutes.

There's no denying Em's talent. From what ABC let us hear, it sounds like he's still got it.

Probably not the Clapton/Kenny G duet everybody was hoping for when they clicked on this.

That's what impresses me about it. His flow is just friggin sick. It makes me realize behind all the hype and all the media bull{censored}....it's MASSIVE friggin talent that got this guy where he is.

For me hearing him rap is like listening to Tommy Emmanuel play the guitar or Buddy Rich play the drums...it's a professionalism and level of talent at what he does that just puts almost everyone else to shame.

And yeah...having a live band (like the Roots) doing the backing makes it all the more powerful. The album version is good too but nowhere near this.

• Members

And yeah...having a live band (like the Roots) doing the backing makes it all the more powerful. The album version is good too but nowhere near this.

Having a live band is a good trend in the hip hop world. Makes it sooooo much more entertaining live. If you haven't checked it out yet check out Blackroc. :thu:

• Members

For me hearing him rap is like listening to Tommy Emmanuel play the guitar or Buddy Rich play the drums...it's a professionalism and level of talent at what he does that just puts almost everyone else to shame.

While I might not compare him to Tommy Emmanuel, I do agree that he has a talent for his craft. He's distinctive, and he's gained the respect of his peers. That says a lot in his field.

Archived