Sep 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

Post all hot deals here, but no SPAM. SPAM is for the other thread. This is for insane blow out deals that you find online and want to share with your fellow GASsers.

If you see a blowout on Music123 on Les Pauls for $99, yes, this is where you post that info, etc.

You can post eBay links you see too, but the eBay links have to be Buy It Nows, not something that is at $1 and still has 10 days left in the auction.

The RULES:

1) NO CRAIGSLIST POSTS IN THIS THREAD!

2) NO WHINING ABOUT DISCUSSIONS IN THE THREAD!

Last month we tried a separate discussion thread, but it's just too cumbersome to have a separate thread, so there won't be one anymore.

From my observations, the majority of people like to talk about the deals in order to decide if they want to buy something. There's typically just a few loud members constantly complaining about the discussions. As long as the discussions are related to the item in question, then the discussion can stay in this thread. If someone starts whining and causes a big flame war about "too much talking" they are going to get a temp ban. Everybody participating in any flame war in this thread will get a temp ban. Just behave yourselves! There is more to life than this internet thready thing.

3) All new deals must be posted in RED! Or at least the TITLE OF THE DEAL.

That will help people be able to filter though the pages of discussion and the actual deal posts will pop right out.

4) Your personal SPAM is not allowed in this thread. If you post SPAM in here, you will get a temp ban. Then no one will be able to buy your crappy gear.

I repeat - NO SPAM in this thread. That means NO TRADES, NO OFFERS, no selling or getting rid of your own stuff. There's one SPAM thread already for that stuff.

And as, alway: there is no whining, bitching, complaining or tantrums allowed in this thread. This thread is only for discussing the hot deals. If you missed a hot deal or you hate Musicians Friend, post about it in an outside thread.

If you buy something in the hot deals thread, and you love it, or hate it, or it bit you in the ass, then post a separate thread about it, this thread ain't for heated discussion.

Bring em if ya got em!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Both of these go for similar amounts on ebay by checking completed auctions but I thought I would share anyway since they are pretty cheap:

Akai Compressor Compressor Effects Pedal $38.55

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MZSM54/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_6?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Akai Blues Overdrive Vintage Blues Overdrive Pedal $35.44

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MZNAP6/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_7?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

• Members

Schecter C-1 Professional Electric Guitar - Antique Amber $363.42 at Amazon. Just 2 in stock so the price will bump when one sells. It seems to be an Amazon special edition.

Duncan JB pickup in the bridge position and Duncan 59 pickup in the neck position

TonePros bridge system with string-thru feature

Graph Tech Tusq nut

Mahogany body with 3-piece Maple Neck

Rosewood fretboard

31X3MrId%2BdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Members

Just 2 in stock so the price will bump when one sells. It seems to be an Amazon special edition.

Duncan JB pickup in the bridge position and Duncan 59 pickup in the neck position

TonePros bridge system with string-thru feature

Graph Tech Tusq nut

Mahogany body with 3-piece Maple Neck

Rosewood fretboard

31X3MrId%2BdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Still there: now $354.33.

• Members

And now that C-1 is $337. I do wonder about the quality, though. I got the Damien Special that was on sale at the end of last year. There are serious problems with it: a serious dead spot on the G string, and a muffled pickup (not sure about the other). Also smaller things that I don't know yet if are due to setup or not.

• Members

. I do wonder about the quality, though. I got the Damien Special that was on sale at the end of last year. There are serious problems with it: a serious dead spot on the G string, and a muffled pickup (not sure about the other). Also smaller things that I don't know yet if are due to setup or not.

The Damien is basically Schecters bottom-level guitar. C-1's are MUCH better.

• Members

The Damien is basically Schecters bottom-level guitar. C-1's are MUCH better.

I agree with that. I had played the Omens and Damiens and was not really that impressed (and I like a lot of low end guitars). But when one of the older C-1 Blackjacks showed up on CL I was floored. It is just killer. Like others said if I needed another, I would grab this one. Not exactly my usual choice of colors, but if it plays and sounds like my blackjack, I wouldn't care.

• Members

What did you find better about the C-1?

I read about dead spots in much more expensive guitars (Fender, etc.) than this Damien, so I'm not sure it's about the model positioning. And EMG 81/85 are classic. I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with it (85)/them, but also here I don't think it's the Damien to blame per se.

Archived