Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please recommend a cheap and very small footprint eq or boost pedal for me.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please recommend a cheap and very small footprint eq or boost pedal for me.

I currently have a Dano fish n chips which has been great up until a gig this weekend. The footswitch has gone buggy and sometimes I have to stomp on it several times to get it to engage. I use it as a lead boost and got stuck playing a whole song with it on.

Whatever I get has to be cheap because I'm broke and has to be at least as small as the Dano because my pedalboard is completely full and as it is, I have the Dano sticking half off the board already.

I suppose a boost pedal would also work as long as it boost the mids in addition to the volume.
    Current gear:
    A whole bunch of stuff!

Hear me play at my Soundclick music page. Here.

Artec parametric eq.

Comment

Artec parametric eq.

Cool, thanks. Looking into that one now.

Also doing some google searches of my own and have found a couple of ones that look promising.

Joyo makes a 6 band eq that looks like a clone of the MXR. Only problem with this one is it doesn't have an overall level so it might not be too useful as a clean lead boost.

Artec also makes a graphic eq with a built in tuner. Only problem with this one is I've read a few posts that mention that it's not true bypass and that it has a noticeable effect on the tone even when it's set flat.

Then there's the EH LPB-1. Seems to get great reviews. This one's at the top of my list right now.

Any feedback on these?
      Current gear:
      A whole bunch of stuff!

Comment

They don't get much cheaper than these. I've had one on my board for several years, and it does exactly what I want it to do.

Please visit my website www.treeguitarworks.com

Comment

go find a used BOSS. it'll be the same price as anything recommended and more roadworthy.

or, try to find a used loop pedal. then you can keep the EQ on all the time, and stomp the loop pedal to bring it into the signal chain.
          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

Adding another pedal to the mix like a loop pedal isn't an option - no room on my pedalboard. I'm pretty much limited to just a direct replacement for my fish n chips.

Does anyone know how many DBs of boost the EHX LPB-1 has? I haven't been able to find that spec online anywhere.
            Current gear:
            A whole bunch of stuff!

Comment

Adding another pedal to the mix like a loop pedal isn't an option - no room on my pedalboard. I'm pretty much limited to just a direct replacement for my fish n chips.

Does anyone know how many DBs of boost the EHX LPB-1 has? I haven't been able to find that spec online anywhere.

the LPB-1 has something like 40db of boost. unity gain is at about 9 o'clock.
              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

That little Behringer EQ will work fine (I had one, sold because I don't use it).
                http://tertl.blogspot.com - The Blog of the Ancient Mariner

http://photoxon.blogspot.co.uk/ My photography blog

WTB Emi Ramrod

Dirty 30 AC30 Crew

Good deals with Darxcide, MetalheadUK, Farmer Geddon, Lanefair, Chris006, ChrisB, Zoidberg, Uncle Psychosis, Krashpad, Loobs, stevemcb, Prauny, Benecol, Muttz, axis player, Ratae Coritanorum.

Comment

Dano Fish & Chips - best $30 I ever spent on a guitar gadget.

If you run it on power, TAKE THE BATTERY out - it will whine when the battery gets drained, even when running on the dc power plug.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/danelectro-dj14-fish-and-chips-7-band-eq-pedal
                  --
                  Wagdog
                  Check out Lunar Commander on:
                  iTunes App Store
                  Google Play

Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
                  iTunes App Store
                  Google Play

Free Fireworks Show for Android

"Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
                  - Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

Dano Fish & Chips - best $30 I ever spent on a guitar gadget.

If you run it on power, TAKE THE BATTERY out - it will whine when the battery gets drained, even when running on the dc power plug.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/danelectro-dj14-fish-and-chips-7-band-eq-pedal

lol....that's exactly the pedal I need to replace. Read my original post. I have one of those and the switch crapped out. Need to replace it by next Friday's gig. It's served me well but now that it's dying I want something different.
                    Current gear:
                    A whole bunch of stuff!

Comment

lol....that's exactly the pedal I need to replace. Read my original post. I have one of those and the switch crapped out. Need to replace it by next Friday's gig. It's served me well but now that it's dying I want something different.

lol.. i read the title, looked at the recomendations, saw my horse wasn't mentioned.... post!

Anyway, yeah they're cheap, and so are the others mentioned. for $30, i'd just get another if mine broke.
                      --
                      Wagdog
                      Check out Lunar Commander on:
                      iTunes App Store
                      Google Play

Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
                      iTunes App Store
                      Google Play

Free Fireworks Show for Android

"Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
                      - Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

I've got a Modtone clean boost which isn't bad. They also make a mini-version of it which looks not much wider than the footswitch itself, if space is the most important factor. The pedal I have (the regular Modtone Clean Boost) sounds ok but I don't use it all that often since I got an MXR 10 band eq.
                        Signature is here!

Comment

It would be difficult to find a smaller footprint than the Guyatone Micro and Mighty Micro pedals

Micro = http://guyatone.com/Ss3.php

http://guyatone.com/Ssm5.php
                          Sound Samples: http://guyatone.com/AudioSsm5.htm

Comment

Cool, thanks. Looking into that one now.

Also doing some google searches of my own and have found a couple of ones that look promising.

Joyo makes a 6 band eq that looks like a clone of the MXR. Only problem with this one is it doesn't have an overall level so it might not be too useful as a clean lead boost.

Artec also makes a graphic eq with a built in tuner. Only problem with this one is I've read a few posts that mention that it's not true bypass and that it has a noticeable effect on the tone even when it's set flat.

Then there's the EH LPB-1. Seems to get great reviews. This one's at the top of my list right now.

Any feedback on these?

I'm happy with the EH... good & cheap

Comment

Thanks for all of the suggestions. A couple of the ones recommended look awesome but a bit out of my price range. I ended up ordering the EHX LPB-1 from Amazon. They have it on sale with two 6" patch cables for 41.85. I get free two day shipping too so it's good to know I'll have it by Friday's gig.
                              Current gear:
                              A whole bunch of stuff!

Comment

Working...
                              X