How to set up a loop pedal

Willrocks

• Members

how do i set up my loop pedal (tc electronics delay/looper) so i can record and loop a clean sound, then play on a different drive channel on top of it?

If using amp dive then it must be in the FX loop. If you have no FX LOOP then you have to rely on pedals and put it at the end of the chain.

• Members

Yes i have an Fx loop. It is a delay/looper pedal from TC electronics. It cannot delay and loop at the same time, and I'd like to use both. I am also getting a reverb pedal. i am assuming send->delay/loop->reverb?

Yes, that's correct.

• Members

So i got the pedal and it doesn't work in the Fx loop of the amp. When i change the amp channel to distorted, the loop I recorded on the clean channel becomes distorted. I want to record and have playback of a clean channel loop, then be able to play on top with the overdrive channel. how to set up loop pedal?

• Members

So i got the pedal and it doesn't work in the Fx loop of the amp. When i change the amp channel to distorted, the loop I recorded on the clean channel becomes distorted. I want to record and have playback of a clean channel loop, then be able to play on top with the overdrive channel. how to set up loop pedal?

This is not normal. What amp is it?

• Members

It is a hughes and kettner tubemeister 18. thanks

That has a series loop so there should be no problem at all. Check your wiring! Should be:

Guitar -> other pedals -> amp input

Effects send -> Looper in

Looper out -> Effects return

Then I see no way for the preamp or other pedals to change what is being played back on the looper since they are all before it.

Archived