Tales from the stage with your host, DaveAronow

DaveAronow

• Members

So, basically, our band has gotten decent at reading audiences so we almost never use a singular or any sort of format other than just reading the crowd which after 500 PR so shows together, we have gotten pretty used to it.

So up shows our fill in keyboard player for this gig, Citrus County Octoberfest, and he asks for a rundown of how things are going to go, what to expect, etc, he wants to be prepped.

So I point outward and say, "out there is the audience, right here(pointing downwards), is the stage, and then that dude behind you is going to count to four and then we are all going to make a bunch of noise."

He realized I wasn't kidding and looked horrified as he knew that was it for details.

But he jumped right in and the show is going we'll.

I love doing that! Trial by fire.

Actually we knew he's be fine because we have seen his act, but still, it is cool to see confident competent players like that jump right in.

It never backfires because we usually at least know the person filling in, but still it is fun to throw them to the wolves and see how they react.

I'll try and post some vids.. Actually in the middle of the gig right now and going back on.

I'd love to hear your stories from the stage as we'll.

Archived