p2_uzld4c4m0_so.jpg

p3_u1f53j5ef_so.jpg

Year: 2012

Manufacturer: Paul Reed Smith PRS

Model: SC 58 Artist Package Rosewood Neck

Case: Original Hard

Color: Faded Blue Jean

Condition: Brand New

Description: This PRS Artist Package has been updated with exceptional tone woods including an (optional) artist grade quilted maple top, (optional) East Indian Rosewood Neck, select mahogany back, V12 finish is standard, premium Mexican Ebony fingerboard, Ebony headstock veneer with inlaid signature, and Ebony truss rod cover. This is the first time outside of the Private Stock program that PRS is offering Mexican Ebony. Take note of the extraordinary graining on this particular piece of Mexican Ebony on the fretboard, the nicest we have seen! New artist bird inlays are green abalone with green ripple outlines on Ebony fretboards. The upgraded Indian Rosewood Neck has a "Pattern" neck profile, 22 frets and 24 1/2" overall scale length. Also standard are a pair of 57/08 pickups which are truly amazing, warm, toneful pickups with tremendous note bloom, articulation and must be heard to be believed. They clean up beautifully when rolling off the volume & will cover the tonal spectrum with authority! Hardware is a hybrid gold/nickel which compliments the color beautifully. Comes with an Artist hardshell case.

$4499

• Members

Love the neck, love the fretboard grain, the birds aren't too bad... I have no doubt I'd get along just fine with the guitar and the pickups.

The top would have to go. I'd literally rather have a matte black finish than that quilted blue monstrosity.

I'm usually not into blingy tops and PRS is among the worst. I can deal with flame more than quilt but man... to my eyes... it's like someone said, 'Let's see how outlandish we can make this guitar' and this was the result.

• Members

I really despise its looks a lot. I'd love to try playing it, though. That fretboard looks amazing.

If it was Matteo Blue with nickel instead of gold, then maaaaaybe the quilt top would be okay. Maybe. I can count on one hand how many guitars I've seen that I think a quilted top 'works' on.

• Members

I don't like blueburst or blue quilt finishes. Today's GPOTD's finish looks to me like something concocted by Ed Roman. The price is around about the same as I would expect to play for a really clean well cared for and maintained 1960s Gibson Trini Lopez Standard. If I had $4500 to spend on a guitar I would buy a Trini Lopez.

Archived