Must...resist...SG Standard....with P90s...

thom

• Members

Afbeelding1-3.png

On sale for 800Euro, tomorrow only. Not sure if I'll get through the day without making the 30min drive to the store. Probably have to order it sight unseen, don't think they have it in stock.

Don't really need it, and I'll always be a tele/jazzmaster guy no matter what...Plus, I'll get in trouble with the misses again:cop:

Either point me to good clips/demos/records that prove that a P90 equiped SG is a huge asset to my otherwhise tele/jazzmaster/jaguar dominated collection...

Or convince me of the opposite...:lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What about the SG Classic? I thought it was pretty much the same thing. Let me state that I am only going off cosmetics. Carlos Santana rocked one at Woodstock when trippin B@lls

The way I heard the neck shape described sounded like it's the exact opposite of what I'm after. I think the necks on these new standards are supposed to be chunky but still slim and fast enough for smallish hands, where as the classics supposedly feel more like basbeall bats...

• Members

Very nice. I guess I'm in the minority of people who like dot inlays on their SGs, but that's mostly just nostalgia for my old Special.

Yeah I'm weird like that...I usually prefer my fenders as low profile as possible, nothing but the essential. But when it comes to an sg, les paul or es -335...I need block inlays, double body binding, chrome pickup covers...The works. Classy but not gaudy, just black and chrome, no veneer flame tops or gold hardware or anything like that:)

'Junior' models are an exception to the rule. Inlays aren't a must, but dots with neck binding=:love:

Actually the only good reaon I can think of not to go order this guitar, would be to save up for another one. Like an ES-335:) $1800 for a brand new one though...never gonna happen:(

Perect condition used ones usually go for just a couple hundred less around here:(

• Members

Just cause we can never have enough sg pron

SG61.jpg

Could get that one for just a little under 1100Euro. Not sure what to think of the toilet seat look of that body, but the small guard looks badass. Too pricey to focus just on the cosmetics though, I'd really prefer P90s, I'll keep my humbucker money for my future es-335...:lol:

• Members

Afbeelding1-3.png

On sale for 800Euro, tomorrow only. Not sure if I'll get through the day without making the 30min drive to the store. Probably have to order it sight unseen, don't think they have it in stock.

Don't really need it, and I'll always be a tele/jazzmaster guy no matter what...Plus, I'll get in trouble with the misses again:cop:

Either point me to good clips/demos/records that prove that a P90 equiped SG is a huge asset to my otherwhise tele/jazzmaster/jaguar dominated collection...

Or convince me of the opposite...
:lol:

That is sweet, man. What's the neck profile?

• Members

That is sweet, man. What's the neck profile?

Pretty sure it's the "normal" modern SG profile, which is a bit thinner than the less common thick mid 1960s neck profile. I like the thicker neck profile, because it seems more stable, makes louder and gritter toanz and is more responsive.

Archived