NGD First Act Delia

drivelikejoewho

• Members

I was looking at a few different cheapie guitars to treat myself for my bday. I had a max of about $300 to spend and was really interested in the ESP/LTD 256 Viper and Eclipse. Both have models with P-90's and with splittable humbuckrs so I loved the idea of having options. Then I came across the Epiphone Wilshire (which I still want) which I think is a pretty unique looking guitar. I ended up at GC the other day and came across this First Act Delia. I have a Sheena that I bought when they cleared them out. I don't remember if the cleared out the Delia's or not but after having a Lola and a Sheena, I can say this is the best guitar of the three. It plays very well. The neck profile is perfect for my short fat hands and this guitar by far has a much more meatier sound than either of solid bodies which I thought was interesting. It has the best tone w/ distortion and the fullest clean tone. I actually swapped the pickups out of my Sheena with my Agile 3100 pickups. The thing I love most about this guitar is the appearance. It is a deep emerald green flame top and I've never owned a green guitar so the looks are what made me want to pick it up.

So without further adieu (did I spell that right?), here she is:

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

The sisters:

IMG_0407.jpg

Body shots:

IMG_0408.jpg

• Members

The neck on the Lola was fatter. The neck on the Delia feels exactly like my Sheena. Not sure if they are the same specs but they feel the same. I love the neck feel of the Sheena which is why I kept it over the Lola. I just never bonded with the Lola. I think the Delia will be sticking around for a while. I love expensive guitars but I also love these cheapies. I just think for $150 (what I paid after tax), you get such a great value and it is a pretty unique guitar.

• Members

or not but after having a Lola and a Sheena, I can say this is the best guitar of the three...

They only cleared out the bolt-on version; not the set-neck CE540. I bought a Lola during the blowout, but I did not like it as much as the Delia. Here are mine:

TwoDelias01.jpg?t=1279426113

• Members

Those Delia's are sweet. J&R cleared some out for around $150 IIRC. A buddy got 2. I almost got one of them, but it slipped away - boo-hoo!

My Sheena rocks tho. I put Seymour Duncan EMPTY Blackouts in it. Highest gain of the highest gain active's going. It's a monster!

• Members

They only cleared out the bolt-on version; not the set-neck CE540. I bought a Lola during the blowout, but I did not like it as much as the Delia. Here are mine:

TwoDelias01.jpg?t=1279426113

Nice guitars! Tell me about the Danelectro Honeytone amp. I have been looking for a table top amp and was wondering how it sounds.

• Members

Nice guitars! Tell me about the Danelectro Honeytone amp. I have been looking for a table top amp and was wondering how it sounds.

It does not sound bad, but it's hard to get good sounds out of it. The biggest problem is that there is a noticeable lag due to sound processing. It will let you "hear" your guitar, but it won't really sound like any actual amp on which you've heard it ...

Archived