What is the ABSOLUTE WORST Live Performance that You Have Ever Seen?

steve_man

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ALICE COOPER....saw him 2-3 years back in a world class auditorium that has magical acoustics......they managed to make the show sound like a 3 year old was let loose on the mixer!!!!! Absolute {censored}.....distorted beyond hope, way, way too loud. Damn shame because I have seen many acts in there and it is fantastic sounding....in fact at the STP show a few weeks ago Scott commented on how great the auditorium and acoustics were.

• Members

Scott may have been wasted on heroin at the time too though.

Actually good chance he was.........he fell off the wagon a week before the show, and they were over an hour late going on.....I overheard security and management say that half the band was MIA.....there is a large strip club about a mile away....I think I know where they were.......

• Members

Steve Miller in the early 90's at the Mann in Philly. Horrible. Good thing I had a fat sack with me.

EDIT: I forgot about a Black Crowes show I saw at the Tower in Philly that totally sucked. They must have shot some dope before going on stage. To their credit, I have seen them perform some amazing shows.

• Members

I saw the Black Crowes with Jimmy Page and they were unbeleiveably great. I saw them a few years letter and they were missing everything

The crowes came through here a few years back...I stayed away...those that went got to see them basically jerking each other off in a jam all night.

• Members

Pentangle at the Cambridge Folk Festival last summer. They brought their own sound team who were awful and didn't have a clue - terrible mix and screeching feedback all the way through. Bert Jansch, may he rest in peace, was clearly very unwell and the rather tubby John Renbourn could barely stand back up again after sitting on the floor to play sitar.

Shame.

• Members

Same here. I saw him during that tour when Motley Crue was the opening act. Holy {censored} what a show that was! One of the best ever!!

I saw them with RATT opening..............MY GOD.....it is up there with Pink Floyd for my fav concert!

• Members

Yeah,I guess I caught him on a VERY off night...

The band ruled,tho,lotsa extra solos going on for filler.

Glad you caught him on a good one,tho...

That band was unreal....Tommy Aldridge KILLED on drums...his bare hand solo is burnt into my memory to this day, Jake...well he just slayed! And Rudy was solid as a Mofo on bass.

• Members

Two come to mind. Both local.

One was a band called Seatbelt. They were a 3 piece. There was a bassist/keyboard/vocalist, a guitarist, and a guy with a little card table full of somewhat percussive noisemakers. The guitarist would play these rock/psychedelic riffs while the other two guys would try their absolute hardest to drown him out with completely crazy sounds. bass guy had this CB radio lookin mic that would modulate his voice all over the place. Table guy would just make random drum sounds but never actually lay down a beat. He also had this painter's respirator with some kind of mic in it that he would just yell jibberish into... it was very atonal and annoying. I'm into expressing yourself but {censored}, these guys were just terrible. No songs, just kind of a "ok, lets start again" Awful.

The other was a Social Distortion tribute act that played at a local Halloween show. My band had just done a Ramones set which we practiced months for and we nailed that {censored}. You could tell this band never actually practiced. Sounded like all they did was call eachother and say "Ok, yeah, I know that one... uh huh, yep, that one too... alright, sounds like a set list." It was that classic deal where after the 2nd chorus of every song, everything fell apart every time. One guy left during, the other guys ended up playing equally {censored}ty Misfits and Ramones covers for their last few songs. Awful awful awful.

Most of the big name acts I've seen have been good so I guess I'm lucky in that regard. :idk:

• Members

hands down Guns and Roses on the use your illusion tour in LA...Skid Row opened for em and blew them away totally...2 hours later SR came back out and played for another 1/2 hour...finally GnR came out and Axle was so drunk you couldn't even understand anything comin out of his pie hole, we left 3 songs into their set, it was atrocious...

• Members

Bob Dylan in the early 90s. He just mumbled the whole night. Kept looking at the band constantly for changes & endings. Sloppy as hell. It took me till half way thru the songs to recognize them.

We went to a Bob Dylan concert about a month ago...nothing's changed, with the possbile exception that it now takes 9/10ths of the song to recognize them. I think that in a solid two hour concert, I understood two words that Bob sang (?), and those were "Desolation Row".

We saw Roy Clark at a concert late last year.....I'm really, really, sorry (seriously) to have to say...there's a time to just STOP, and it was probably at least ten years ago.

:cry:

• Members

Bob Dylan in the early 90s. He just mumbled the whole night. Kept looking at the band constantly for changes & endings. Sloppy as hell. It took me till half way thru the songs to recognize them.

Actually yeah, I saw Bob Dylan in like... eh... 02/03ish. He was like when people do an impression of him. "Ey mitto-tamboee-main...... pay a tong samee"

• Members

Actually yeah, I saw Bob Dylan in like... eh... 02/03ish. He was like when people do an impression of him. "Ey mitto-tamboee-main...... pay a tong samee"

Yeah, saw him do few songs at a music festival a year or two ago. The band was great but he was pretty much just growling unintelligibly into the mic. I left to go see Visqueen at a smaller venue; great decision as that was a *fantastic* show.

• Members

Godsmack.... Worst band i've ever seen. The guitarist went into a solo early and they stopped the song. Tempos were up and down the entire show... Frickin worse than a bad drunk bar band. The other bands (that i don't even like) blew them away. (Staind,Papa Roach,P.O.D and even Shinedown)

This was a couple months ago in Arkansas at Uproar fest.

Archived