NPODW & NFOGD!

auriemma

• Members

NPODW >> New POD Week!

Last week I was lucky enough to run across a 2006 Line 6 PODxt Live for sale on CL. It is in excellent working condition. All metal construction, expression pedal, 128 memory slots, a pile of amp models and effects, even more downloadable. It was in it's original box with cables, power supply, and manual. I am going to have fun figuring it out.

podxt.jpg

NFOGD >> New Fugly Old Guitar Day! (Project)

I saw this mid 80s Martin Stinger SRX (made in Korea I think) with OHSC on my local CL on and off for the last 6 months. Every few weeks the price drops... $200, $175, $150, $100, it hit $75. I actually felt sorry for it. I got it for $50.

UPSIDE: The neck looks straight, the frets are in good order, the tuners work (don't know if they hold tune), The bridge needs cleaning, and only a couple of minor dings.

DOWNSIDE: It is definitely a project: Missing nut, bad wiring, broken pot, broken switch, missing a neck screw, no back access covers, supposedly the pickups work (who knows), and a hideous FACTORY paint job (see the pic, What was Martin thinking? Eh... it was the 80s).

s2aj.jpg

I called Martin about info and parts. The rep almost laughed. They didn't even track serial numbers let alone hang on to parts. So I am on my own there.

The questions are...

Do I keep it as original as possible?

Do I gut and repaint it or just restripe it silver?

Do I mod the hell out of it?

Oh... and if you have any info on it, please pass it along. Thanks!

Archived