My new live sound

brightflame

• Members

Here is a short solo from an original song by my band Rockin' Loud.

Guitar is a USA Peavey Wolfgang Special on neck pickup, preamp Digitech RP7 Valve into italian tube power amp Advance Technology 70 EL34, into Harley Benton G212 Vintage cab.

Peavey Wolfgang is: Feedback, feedback, feedback.

Fantastic guitar.

http://soundcloud.com/rockin-loud/call-now-live-solo

• Members

Thanks guys.

I'm so glad of my tone.

What you hear is something in Santana style, that, until now, I had been able to achieve only with my old Les Paul standard.

But the Wolfgang sings on the neck pickup while, with same settings, using the bridge pickup bites and kills, and dive bombs, and....I really love it.

I have to say that Digitech RP7 Valve is a unique machine. I tried Line 6, Digitech Rp1000, Rocktron Piranha, etc. but RP7 Valve is the only one to give you the illusion to play through a real tube head like my JCM800, but in total control, sound and volume wise.

• Members

Just to avoid problems, I bought 2 RP7 Valve on the internet for less than 100 $ each.

So now I have one with same settings as a backup.

Good idea! :idea:

The power supply on my RP500 went out during a show recently :mad: :mad: so I started carrying a Line6 Pocket Pod with me just in case.

Ironically, other than having to replace the internal battery a few years ago, my 20+ year old RP-1 is still going strong.

• Members

Good idea!
:idea:

The power supply on my RP500 went out during a show recently
:mad:
:mad: so I started carrying a Line6 Pocket Pod with me just in case.

Ironically, other than having to replace the internal battery a few years ago, my 20+ year old RP-1 is still going strong.

Years ago I used a Digitech RP1, and it was great, I'm a great Digitech fan. Unfortunately, in my humble opinion, after playing a year with RP1000, I tried one more time my Rp7 Valve, and it's no contest, back in pedalboard goes my Rp7, back on ebay will go my RP1000. It's a great unit, but playing with Rp7 Valve is like playing with a tube amp head, plus fx.

Archived