Post the guitar that makes you happiest

Flying_Milkman

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My seven string that I built. Has every feature I wanted on a seven string, every single one. Very custom, not something anyone will be imitating, but it's just perfect for me.
SevenWhole.jpg

And the first HCEG giveaway guitar. Built by the very talented forumite atrox with contributions in parts and funds from him and several other members of the forum (their forum handles are on the back of the headstock). Incredible guitar and it reminds me of the outpouring of good will that created it whenever I so much as look at it. Makes me smile every time.
MasonWholeAfter.jpg

• Members
Fargen%20Hag%20Godin_zps361acd84.jpg

Been through them all over the years; strats, LPs, Vs, shredders, rockers, twangers, MIJ, MIA, MIC, MIM, MIK...too many damn guitars icon_lol.gif

Sometimes you just have to go through enough guitars to get to the ones that are "just right". I ended up putting some money into my amp rig, but ironically my favorite guitars cost me less than a new MIM strat...

I'm convinced after MUCH wasted time that it ain't about the money, just play what sounds and feels right to you. Never go in biased, that takes out the joy of discovery. Approach it like a kid does.

• Members

all of my guitars contribute to my happiness. i appreciate that i am fortunate enough to have them, and don't take that for granted. i rotate through them regularly, so generally the guitar that makes me the happiest is the one i'm playing at the moment. right now, it's between these two.

2003 LP Standard.

w03LPStandard-005.jpg

2003 Tyler Studio Elite.

w03TylerBurningWater-020.jpg

Archived