Have you ever bought a guitar from a known guitar player

Northstar

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I try to stay away from those types of guitars unless he/she would be willing to document the sale with pictures or videos.

A lot of 'signed', 'played' or 'touched' by famous guitar players on craigslist/ebay have zero documentation but are asking top dollar. It's not worth the hassle or trouble.

• Members

My Ovation bass is one of a run of 4 given to endorsees. I bought it off DJ Ashba from Guns n Roses about 8 years ago when he had his own band called Ashba (after that he played with Nikki Sixx's band Sixx's AM). DJ emailed with me directly on it and I have all the emails plus a band photo and some picks.

• Members

I bought a bass a couple of weeks ago off Craigslist from a guy who said he'd just gotten an endorsement from Reverend Guitars, so I assume he must be in a somewhat "known" band. I'm terrible with names though and the list of guys on Reverend's website is really long. idn_smilie.gif

• Members

In 1975 I bought a 1963 SGjr from Rick Kemp, then bassist in Steeleye Span, and in 1979 a 1977 Telecaster from Joe Strummer. Sad to say, I no longer own either.

Both were bought, and sold, as utility instruments rather than collectors' pieces.

• Members

In 1975 I bought a 1963 SGjr from Rick Kemp, then bassist in Steeleye Span, and in 1979 a 1977 Telecaster from Joe Strummer. Sad to say, I no longer own either.

Both were bought, and sold, as utility instruments rather than collectors' pieces.

I guess back then people weren't really thinking about the "collectors" side of the whole thing...lol.

Somehow I like that better....just buying and selling a guitar cause you need/want it...no matter who it is.

Archived