forumites face-to-face?

GreatDane

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I got to hang out with GuitarNoobie (Danny) since we used to live near each other. He was brewing beer with his buddy, also a guitar player. He let me try this amazing IPA, I've been chasing a beer that tasted as good ever since. I've not succeeded.

Looking forward to actually jamming with him some time soon.

• Members

That was a great time. I'm looking forward to next years pilgrimage. It was fun to hang out with the old timers that run Heritage. They have some great stories.

i think i was some pics that brentrocks posted at one point recently. did you get a chance to jam at all, or was it more about touring the factory and ogling heritages? if you have pics, please post them.

I've met a bunch over the years.

Jaxn slim

Jimmy James

Help!I'maRock

Godksy

WIlmer The White

Prages (and Mrs P)

Phil513

Puckman

Aenemated

Wyatt

Dolphinstreet (rotren here?)

Micwalt

Red Ant

Old Goth Guy (OGG)

cvogue

Eminence Front

I've also talked to a bunch via skype like Mosiddqi ArmyGuitar, Guitar Heel, Jelloman and others...

I'm forgetting some folks...

• Members

I've met Lonnie99, Kyle and Senior Penguin. Cratz2 and I hang out. Lowbrow used to come over and jam about once a month with Cratz2 and I. NotJonahButNoah has been to my house for a jam session before and I've seen him at a few gigs.

The problem with jamming is none of us practice the same songs so it's kinda like a free for all, which kinda sucks.

So I've met 6 and know 3 of them a little bit.

• Members

I have had a couple of telephone chats and email exchanges with Ratae,

I have had lots of non-forum communication/email with mistersully (who lives on the other side of the world and who is a diamond geezer),

Exchanged quite a few emails with Les Paul Lover.

However, despite once almost organising a CSM gig up in sunny Yorkshire, I have never actually met anyone face to face.

... which is pathetic when you consider how small this island is.

Having said that, I hardly find time these days to pick up my own guitar for more than 30 minutes a day, so it would be difficult to fit in.

• Members

The only forumite that I have spoken on the phone with is DaveAronow.

Otherwise I have had email exchange and shared more on a personal level with MrSully, GreatDane, Nukey, JJ and, to a lesser degree, with a few others.

Next time I go home to Quebec, I plan on visiting Flogger and have a good jam. :rawk:

• Members

Here on HCEG, Marc aka MetalheadUK and Sean aka Ratae Coritanorum are now good mates o'mine ... and I also hung out some with Toni aka AncientMariner when he came to an early Crosstown Lightnin' gig.

Other than those gents ... regrettably not.

I must confess to a small degree of curiosity concerning some of HCPP's odder specimens ...

• Members

I've only met a few

Axeslinger, Mike

Pete

10gibby56

All great people.

I've ran a couple of raffles here in the past to help forumites in need, Leopardstar, etc, and during those I've probably talked to fifty or more forumites on the phone.

I've talked on the phone with

Frets99

Dcindc

BobbyD

Roosterb Aka jefferson Douglass

Jkater

Johnny, Leopardstar

Gilgators

Alley trash and I are regular phone buddies, talked with him few times a week for years

Talked with Will Chen

So many more

• Members

I have contacted a couple people in the past that live near by in hopes of maybe getting together to jam, because I love playing with different people! Nothing has ever panned out though. I am more then a little sure though that many people would rather talk about music then play it and that is their right.

Archived