Behringer Guitar Link

PeaveyPlayer

• Members

I just pulled the trigger and ordered the Behringer USB Guitar Link. I have been looking for a device to play directly through the computer, hopefully, this will fit the bill. I have seen on you tube vids that people are using garageband with this device. I know this is a mac software and was wondering what software would work best with PC. I would want a software that offers amps and pedals and a library of songs with tabs. Am I asking too much?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by PeaveyPlayer

View Post

I just pulled the trigger and ordered the Behringer USB Guitar Link. I have been looking for a device to play directly through the computer, hopefully, this will fit the bill. I have seen on you tube vids that people are using garageband with this device. I know this is a mac software and was wondering what software would work best with PC. I would want a software that offers amps and pedals and a library of songs with tabs. Am I asking too much?

Yes, you are asking too much because there is nothing out there that does amp/effects modelling and has a tab song library. Get Guitar Pro (or PowerTab if you don't want to pay for Guitar Pro) and download tabs from ultimate guitar. For amp/effects models there are several free VST plugins available of varying quality. If you want great amp sounds and don't mind spending $75 S-Gear is pretty damned sweet.

• Members

My first suggestion is to ditch the Behringer driver and run it through ASIO4ALL... pretty much kills any latency

As for the rest, you're pretty much going to have to cobble something together as the only all-in-one solution that I've seen is the Line6 Guitar Port/ Gear Box. For a monthly fee, you can access their library of songs with very decent backing tracks. However, you can only use it with Line6 products.

Guitar Pro/ Power Tab are good suggestions for tabs & there are lots of amp/ effect sims out there available as both stand-alone or VST plugins (both free and $$$). Here are a few off the top of my head:

FreeAmp 3
Guitar Rig
Amplitube

& a couple links:
http://www.vstplanet.com
http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/

Archived