So a guy walks into a ukulele store...

jack harper

• Members

I kinda like that you (I mean folks in general) don't feel as pressured to play a ukulele to the level you might feel as required to pursue with electric guitar or piano, for example.

I got a little entry level Kohala Soprano Uke for a Christmas present a year or two ago, and it is fun. It only takes a few minutes to learn a few uke chords, and then you're off and strumming and it sounds good enough, i.e. like a ukulele should sound per what's in your head. thumb.gif

I eventually would like to get a couple more from the larger sizes. So I'm pausing and scratching when they occasionally show up on Stupid Deal Day offers.

• Members

>> So a guy walks into a ukulele store...

So a guy walks into a ukulele store to purchase a ukulele and sees an accountant and a rabbi and a farmer standing side by side.

First turning to the accountant, the guy says "I have come here to buy a ukulele. Does this place have any ukuleles?"

The accountant says...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man View Post
Well, I just hope you're not this guy. This is a guy who would make the rest of us put it down.

biggrin.gif

Jake is absolutely amazing, good thing nobody ever told him that it wasn't a real instrument.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
>> So a guy walks into a ukulele store...

So a guy walks into a ukulele store to purchase a ukulele and sees an accountant and a rabbi and a farmer standing side by side.

First turning to the accountant, the guy says "I have come here to buy a ukulele. Does this place have any ukuleles?"

The accountant says...
"ukeleles are for sissies. Real man play basses. Oh, and that advice will cost you 150.00.$"

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Mesa/Kramer View Post
I went into my local Botique music store last week.
Walking through the acoustic section, they has quite a few Uke's priced at $500 and above.
One was $950! eek.gif
Yikes! I bought mine while in Hawaii, $50 for a koa wood Hawaiian beauty

• Members

I'm doing a lot of soccer refereeing right now (by agreement w/my wife -- aka "the boss" -- my soccer earnings are mine to spend as I wish) and I'm expecting to have upwards of $1k by the end of the season to spend. I'm sort of debating whether to buy a custom parlor guitar (probably get a Sam Radding-built from Go Guitars) or a really nice koa uke. I love the look of koa, and it seems natural for a uke.

Archived