Oct 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

Post all hot deals here, but no SPAM. SPAM is for the other thread. This is for insane blow out deals that you find online and want to share with your fellow GASsers.

If you see a blowout on Music123 on Les Pauls for $99, yes, this is where you post that info, etc.

You can post eBay links you see too, but the eBay links have to be Buy It Nows, not something that is at $1 and still has 10 days left in the auction.

The RULES:

1) NO CRAIGSLIST POSTS IN THIS THREAD!

2) NO WHINING ABOUT DISCUSSIONS IN THE THREAD!

Last month we tried a separate discussion thread, but it's just too cumbersome to have a separate thread, so there won't be one anymore.

From my observations, the majority of people like to talk about the deals in order to decide if they want to buy something. There's typically just a few loud members constantly complaining about the discussions. As long as the discussions are related to the item in question, then the discussion can stay in this thread. If someone starts whining and causes a big flame war about "too much talking" they are going to get a temp ban. Everybody participating in any flame war in this thread will get a temp ban. Just behave yourselves! There is more to life than this internet thready thing.

3) All new deals must be posted in RED! Or at least the TITLE OF THE DEAL.

That will help people be able to filter though the pages of discussion and the actual deal posts will pop right out.

4) Your personal SPAM is not allowed in this thread. If you post SPAM in here, you will get a temp ban. Then no one will be able to buy your crappy gear.

I repeat - NO SPAM in this thread. That means NO TRADES, NO OFFERS, no selling or getting rid of your own stuff. There's one SPAM thread already for that stuff.

And as, alway: there is no whining, bitching, complaining or tantrums allowed in this thread. This thread is only for discussing the hot deals. If you missed a hot deal or you hate Musicians Friend, post about it in an outside thread.

If you buy something in the hot deals thread, and you love it, or hate it, or it bit you in the ass, then post a separate thread about it, this thread ain't for heated discussion.

Bring em if ya got em!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by MorganB View Post
Taking a chance on this one. Been looking at cheap teles for a while Figured it can't be much worse or better than a SX Furrian. I even have a Mighty Mite tele neck laying around if I don't like the neck on the Legacy.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by George Jetson View Post
Safari is now giving a virus warning to HC forums on my computer. Is anybody seeing this?
Same with Opera http://www.opera.com/

Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!
Suggestions:
Return to the previous page and pick another result.
Try another search to find what you're looking for.
Or you can continue to http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...S&goto=newpost at your own risk. For detailed information about the problems we found, visit Google's Safe Browsing diagnostic page for this site.

For more information about how to protect yourself from harmful software online, you can visit StopBadware.org.

If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google's Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

• Members

At SamAsh:

$50 off $400 = 12.5%

$100 off $700 = 14.2%

$150 off $1200 = 12.5%

$250 off $1600 = 15.6%

Also, the Fender Mustang Floor sells for $199 in multiple places, instead of the previous $299. Could be a general price reduction, though.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by George Jetson View Post
Safari is now giving a virus warning to HC forums on my computer. Is anybody seeing this?
From my own experience managing my own domains, my guess is we are getting this warning for a reason. I don't purport to be an expert, but if I had to guess, I'd think that last week when the site went down (or was hacked) a malicious script was inserted. I did bypass (ignore) the warning with a bit of trepidation. What concerns me most is that when you search "harmony central forums" in Google, you get a warning in the search results. Google has as good a sense as anyone on the web as to what is safe and what is not. I had this happen once on one of my sites and had it corrected within an hour or two. The fact that this warning persists suggests very poor site management. They need to fix this.

Google Screen Cap
[ATTACH]349183[/ATTACH]

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by watsonaka View Post
From my own experience managing my own domains, my guess is we are getting this warning for a reason. I don't purport to be an expert, but if I had to guess, I'd think that last week when the site went down (or was hacked) a malicious script was inserted. I did bypass (ignore) the warning with a bit of trepidation. What concerns me most is that when you search "harmony central forums" in Google, you get a warning in the search results. Google has as good a sense as anyone on the web as to what is safe and what is not. I had this happen once on one of my sites and had it corrected within an hour or two. The fact that this warning persists suggests very poor site management. They need to fix this.

Google Screen Cap
[ATTACH]349183[/ATTACH]
The warning is happening because of a link to another site that is posted. If you click on the Safe Browsing diagnostic link in the page you posted, you'll see a report of why it's happening. http://safebrowsing.clients.google.c...hrome&hl=en-US

The problem is that a link to "ampage.org" triggered a malware warning because THAT site had infected people. Also - the last time Google reviewed the site was 10/2 which means those links could have been removed by now and the warning would still be in place.

Archived