Blackstar Amps - Help me

Bro Blue

• Members

I went into a store to try a guitar, and plugged it into the closest amp, a 20 watt Blackstar Studio. The thing sounded really good. I played through the HT40. Very nice. Super cleans. Nice raunch.

Anyone use these for gigs? I like simple rigs, and it seems these amps with a pedal or two would do the trick. I can use the combo or over my 2x12, which is a plus.

Opinions?

• Members

I've got a HT Stage 100. Did a few rehearsals but no gigs. It is a simple enough rig. It works fine straight in but I did use Digitech RP500 that seemed to work well enough. It's easily one of the nicest amps I've ever played through. Goes from cleans to a nasty growl with just a twist of your volume knob and does the Marshall thing at least as good as a Marshall. Seems to be well built, a quality product as best I can tell. Bottom line, sounds killer!

This folder has a few tunes from a rehearsal played through that amp. Was a Hendrix tribute thing so yeah, there's a bunch Hendrix tunes. :idk:

• Members

I went into a store to try a guitar, and plugged it into the closest amp, a 20 watt Blackstar Studio. The thing sounded really good. I played through the HT40. Very nice. Super cleans. Nice raunch.

Anyone use these for gigs? I like simple rigs, and it seems these amps with a pedal or two would do the trick. I can use the combo or over my 2x12, which is a plus.

Opinions?

Greetings!

I'm a proud owner of Blackstar HT-40. It really fulfill all my musical needs! Is a 2 channel (2 voicings per channel) loud amp, versatile, and can be used on a practice/live band setting without problems. I use it for ballads, pop rock, punk rock, hard rock, blues, even funk!!! You name it! Your guitar wood, pickups, and attitude will be ''felt'' in the proyected amp sound.

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about the amp itself!

Archived