X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackstar Amps - Help me

I went into a store to try a guitar, and plugged it into the closest amp, a 20 watt Blackstar Studio. The thing sounded really good. I played through the HT40. Very nice. Super cleans. Nice raunch.

Anyone use these for gigs? I like simple rigs, and it seems these amps with a pedal or two would do the trick. I can use the combo or over my 2x12, which is a plus.

Opinions?
    ................The REAL Brah

Good trades/deals with: Fusion1, SOLARPIMP, Lonnie99, twotimingpete, Tupelo Sun, moon shadow, Florbastang, shooter 123, Wolfboy1, almost enough, meowy, ntmo, lovellintn, fulcrumpoint, matt rhoades, kojdogg, cadfael, Daveydude, DaveAronow, Smithshred

I've got a HT Stage 100. Did a few rehearsals but no gigs. It is a simple enough rig. It works fine straight in but I did use Digitech RP500 that seemed to work well enough. It's easily one of the nicest amps I've ever played through. Goes from cleans to a nasty growl with just a twist of your volume knob and does the Marshall thing at least as good as a Marshall. Seems to be well built, a quality product as best I can tell. Bottom line, sounds killer!

[COLOR="blue"]This folder has a few tunes from a rehearsal played through that amp. Was a Hendrix tribute thing so yeah, there's a bunch Hendrix tunes.
    "Born to Play" MP3 album at iTunes & Amazon.

Comment

Thanks, dude. Great tone.

Good trades/deals with: Fusion1, SOLARPIMP, Lonnie99, twotimingpete, Tupelo Sun, moon shadow, Florbastang, shooter 123, Wolfboy1, almost enough, meowy, ntmo, lovellintn, fulcrumpoint, matt rhoades, kojdogg, cadfael, Daveydude, DaveAronow, Smithshred

Comment

Thanks! I can't imagine you wouldn't love that amp.
        "Born to Play" MP3 album at iTunes & Amazon.

Comment

Never liked a blackstar I have tried yet. YMMV.
          Ant the Les Paul Lover!

Comment

Go ahead and turn your speakers up,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyxQXFdzE4M
            Besides being a guitar player,
            I'm a big fan of the guitar.
            I love that damn instrument.
            -Steve Vai

Comment

I had not problems ditching my HT-40 for a 5150 III mini, but my HT-5 is staying forever...love the **************** out of that amp.
              PRS Tremonti Signature in Charcoal Burst
              Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (Electric Lime)
              PRS SE One
              --
              EVH 5150 III 50w / 212 5150 III cab
              Blackstar HT-5

Comment

1989 Gibson SG
                Eleven Rack

Comment

Holy hell. That was nice.

Comment

I went into a store to try a guitar, and plugged it into the closest amp, a 20 watt Blackstar Studio. The thing sounded really good. I played through the HT40. Very nice. Super cleans. Nice raunch.

Anyone use these for gigs? I like simple rigs, and it seems these amps with a pedal or two would do the trick. I can use the combo or over my 2x12, which is a plus.

Opinions?

Greetings!
                    I'm a proud owner of Blackstar HT-40. It really fulfill all my musical needs! Is a 2 channel (2 voicings per channel) loud amp, versatile, and can be used on a practice/live band setting without problems. I use it for ballads, pop rock, punk rock, hard rock, blues, even funk!!! You name it! Your guitar wood, pickups, and attitude will be ''felt'' in the proyected amp sound.
                    Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about the amp itself!
                    Follow Me on Twitter.com! : www.twitter.com/OsvyTorres

Comment

Working...
                    X