8 string universe

ahull123

• Members

I just wanted to share this, it is the second project I recently completed, it was modeled after the 7 string universe, everything was custom built around the rga8 neck by Ibanez.
Specs:
body:mahogany
pick ups: bridge: BKP aftermath single: custom by guitar logistics, neck: BKP coldsweat
trem custom made floyd rose
electronics: emg spc, emg pa2
fretboard ebony w/ custom dna/ pyramids inlay
swirl by: Out of this Swirled
we are calling it the Multiverse thanks to a fellow forum member

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

• Members

I started with 10's as they were readily available, but with the 27" scale the tension proved too much and the trem felt like it was going to rip right out of the guitar, So I then used 9's and life got a lot better, I had to do another set-up but I changed the trem block from brass to stainless steel at the same time to make it worth the time, that made a big difference to the tone.

here is a video of my friend playing it, he is really good. at this point it still had the 10's, he's a trooper, as it is hard as hell to do bends with it at this point!

• Members

I just wanted to share this, it is the second project I recently completed, it was modeled after the 7 string universe, everything was custom built around the rga8 neck by Ibanez.

Specs:

body:mahogany

pick ups: bridge: BKP aftermath single: custom by guitar logistics, neck: BKP coldsweat

trem custom made floyd rose

electronics: emg spc, emg pa2

fretboard ebony w/ custom dna/ pyramids inlay

swirl by: Out of this Swirled

we are calling it the Multiverse thanks to a fellow forum member

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

:freak:

Sorry, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

I'm sure it plays nice. :idk:

• 1 month later...

Archived