'66 Fender P-Bass w/case Score !!!

skipstar59

• Members

Nice job! I love it when pawn shops don't know what they have. Again, the urge to go pawn shopping is rising...

EDIT: I like the crazing in the finish. That's real relicing, hehe. :)

EDIT 2: Did it come with the bridge and P/U covers or were they left out?

• Members

I think it is morally wrong of you to take that guitar for that price.

Your only reprieve is to send it to me.

Only then can you free yourself of the crippling guilt your poor soul must be struggling with over this.

I'll pm you my shipping info.

I'm here to help.

• Members

How did the owner not realize its value, and how would a pawn shop not do 10 seconds of research to find the value between an entry level MIM and a vintage bass? $150? Did they think it was a re-logo'd fake? If they even thought it was a cheap MIM, they would have priced it at $350. How does a pawn shop stay in business not knowing the value of the stuff they sell?

• Members

Jeez, you did ok! I can't believe that a pawn shop wouldn't know what they had. Around here, they don't even put real Fenders or Gibsons on the floor - only Squiers, Epiphones, First Acts, and Ibanez Gios. The good stuff gets sold on eBay.

BTW, you should take that to a guitar appraiser.

• Members

Thanks guys. I'm not scoring these basses from mom and pops. I'm getting these from national chain pawnshops. They just have LAZY store clerks NOT looking hard enough to track down TRUE worth of the instruments. The managers are also LAZY by not overseeing this process.Therefore vintage instruments are missed priced by some dumb computer mistake that no one verifies. This can be the only reason I can think of. ;)

• Members

:cop: My Bull{censored} flag is waving fast and furious!! :cop:

This is the third time I've seen this same story in the the last year or two. Once in a lifetime deals do not happen 3 times in a row...to the same guy...from the same pawn shop.

They're stolen!!

It brings to mind an art scam I heard about a long time ago where the criminals bought and sold stolen items to each other to create a legitimate paper trail and finally sell the art on the open market for a higher price.

No HNBD for you :poke:

• Members

:cop:
My Bull{censored} flag is waving fast and furious!!
:cop:
This is the third time I've seen this same story in the the last year or two. Once in a lifetime deals do not happen 3 times in a row...to the same guy...from the same pawn shop.

They're stolen!!

It brings to mind an art scam I heard about a long time ago where the criminals bought and sold stolen items to each other to create a legitimate paper trail and finally sell the art on the open market for a higher price.

No HNBD for you :poke:

So, for the record, you are accusing the OP of being a thief and a liar?

!

Archived