Good Bye to Lamb Chop

Woody_in_MN

• Members

So over the last few years I have done HNGD posts with "3 paws up from Lamb Chop", or "4 paws and a tail up from Lamb Chop". I am not sure what I will do going forward, as Lamb Chop, at age 10, suffered what we believe was a heart attack last week. She was diagnosed with an enlarged heart last Friday. We maxed out Meds to try to reduce fluid around her heart, abdomen, and lungs. But she still declined the last two days. She stopped eating this morning, and we saw that as a final sign. We helped with Euthanasia,and Lamb Chop was gone by 11 AM CST.

I don't think I will have a dog that loved ME as much as that dog. Also, the smartest dog I ever knew. My parting words were that she was a good dog, she was going to sleep, and would see her next time around.

Pic taken last Saturday...

LAMB_OCT_2012_2.JPG

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Woody_in_MN View Post
So over the last few years I have done HNGD posts with "3 paws up from Lamb Chop", or "4 paws and a tail up from Lamb Chop". I am not sure what I will do going forward, as Lamb Chop, at age 10, suffered what we believe was a heart attack last week. She was diagnosed with an enlarged heart last Friday. We maxed out Meds to try to reduce fluid around her heart, abdomen, and lungs. But she still declined the last two days. She stopped eating this morning, and we saw that as a final sign. We helped with Euthanasia,and Lamb Chop was gone by 11 AM CST.

I don't think I will have a dog that loved ME as much as that dog. Also, the smartest dog I ever knew. My parting words were that she was a good dog, she was going to sleep, and would see her next time around.

Pic taken last Saturday...

LAMB_OCT_2012_2.JPG
Coincidence? I think not!

Really sorry to hear it, Woody. RIP Lamb Chop.

• Members

Always sorry to read these threads knowing how deeply our pets can touch our lives. Violet has been gone nearly 3 years and we have another dog and still I think of her very often and miss her as much as I would any family member. I am sure it is the same for Lamb Chop. Even though it is the right thing to do it is still so hard knowing that you will never see her again.

My deepest and heartfelt condolences to you and your family Woody

• Members

Condolences, too close to home for me. My Bella passed hours after giving birth to our beautiful puppies 9 weeks ago yesterday. She would have been three 2 days ago. In honor of them I'm adding to my sig. Here's a pic of Bella and my youngest taken last Christmas.

bca3300f67b6fc63616d56eded357980.jpg

• Members

My deepest condolences Woody. I know how you feel. I sat with my dog Emmy that I had had for 15 years as she was euthanized this past spring. Like you, I kept petting her and telling her how good of a dog she was and that everything was going to be alright until she passed.

Archived