NBGD!! MICanada!

billythegoat

• Members

I decided to let the Peavey Delta Blues go today. cry.gif It was a great amp, no complaints. I was just a bit too much amp for my needs. A touch on the large side and I never utilized all that volume on tap. Thought I would use the FX loop but nope. Actually not many of my pedals worked well in the loop. Same with the tremolo, I thought I would get a lot of use out of it but found myself only occasionally turning it on. Plus I have a 100w head if I need some real volume later down the road but for now the Champion 600 into my 2x12 should suit my needs.
The Delta Blues seems to be an amp that is sought after. I gained quite a bit of attention with my ad and not one lowball. Not even a slight haggle, just "When can I come pick it up.?"
I would of liked the cash and I would of came out roughly $100 on top of what I had in the amp. But a guy offered me a practically new Godin Shifter 4 for the PDB plus $100 on my end. I said I didn't have the extra cash so I can toss in a few pedals. He had no use for them so he was cool with just a straight swap. smile.gif
Woohoo! Didn't really need another bass but I couldn't pass up that offer. I could always flip it for a few hundred more then what I would of got for the amp anyway. I started my guitar life on a bass and it was my primary instrument for years before I seriously switched onto a regular six string guitar.
I sold a gorgeous Ibanez 5 string to fund my wedding along with my amp. I had since picked up a Squier Jaguar Bass to bop around on. It is a great bass but still a large step down from what I was use to.
I must say this bass is Quality, with a capital Q biggrin.gif
Super solid, vintage feel. Thuddy, thumpy and growly all in one. I am diggin the passive pups. I realized I get nervous when I depend on a 9V for my guitar to generate noise.It will take a bit of time to get used to the neck. It is FAT and round!
The overall feel reminds me of my friends G&L Legacy for some reason.

Anyway onto the photos...love.gif
2012-11-13+21.29.38.jpg
Not just made, hand-crafted!
2012-11-13+21.29.58.jpg
Flame on the fretboard....what?!?!
2012-11-13+21.30.28.jpg
2012-11-13+21.31.15.jpg
Interesting neck plate(s).
2012-11-13+21.32.06.jpg

Loads of sounds to choose from. I believe there are six. 5way plus a push pull for one of the positions. Optional top or string through loading bridge. Just the overall classic but funky look really draws me to it.

• Members

Thanks!
After a night of jamming around I still love this thing. Although I may try a set of flatwounds. Played them once a long time ago and remember really liking them.
They have a 5 string version but I don't know if my small hands can still wield a fiver. I will give that tuning a try, I do love that low B!
I am really tempted to keep on trading this thing until I end up with something worth even more.
This all started with a Boss RV-5 and $300, so roughly $450 invested. Not too shabby.

• Members

^biggrin.gif I didn't get that at first. I walked upstairs and then it clicked. My wife thought I was going mad!
These pickups produce some unique tones. I like all of the positions right now so its hard to stop messing around with the controls. Very Stratotelebass-esque.

Man I am blown away by this thing. Just sitting here playing unplugged, the sounds resembles a stand up bass. Soft, wooly and overall has a real natural vibe. A fretless version of this with flatwounds would be epic. The Ibanez I had before was one of those luthite material bodies and had a real wacky shape. Very modern and I think it was geared for the metal scene. Plus it was HUGE!
The basswood body kind of scared me a bit. Every cheapish guitar I have owned has been basswood, including the Squier bass I currently have. I guess this Canadian Laurentian Basswood stuff is something else all together. Real weighty, a nice beautiful grain popping through and it looks like it is only two pieces matched perfectly.

Archived