Gibson quick connect pickups?

Meowy

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by PrawnHeed

View Post

To what is the shield connected?

On my SG there are 2 wires going into the PC board from the pickups via the quick connect. One is green and one is black. I'm guessing that green is ground and is attached to the shield and black is hot.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa/Kramer

View Post

I wish all guitar companys would just come together and make all guitars and pickups "quick connect".

+1. The annual savings from not soldering millions pickups to pots would be tremendous. And as long as the connector can just be snipped off there are no compatibility issues with old guitars.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jpnyc

View Post

+1. The annual savings from not soldering millions pickups to pots would be tremendous. And as long as the connector can just be snipped off there are no compatibility issues with old guitars.

How is adding an extra part that still requires soldering to the PCB/pot cut costs?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt

View Post

How is adding an extra part that still requires soldering to the PCB/pot cut costs?

Soldering to a PCB can be done by a robot. Holding wires in place and soldering them to the arms of a pot cannot.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Reverse Quick-Connect adapters:

For anyone who may be interested I have made a few pairs of "reverse" quick-connect 4-conductor (5-wire) adapters. These work with Gibson quick-connect pickups, like the '57 Classics I have, and can be used to connect your quick-connect pickups to a conventional harness without having to clip off the ends of your quick-connect pups. Just connect your quick-connect plug into the adapter, and solder the adapter wires as you would normally (standard wiring, coil-tap, phase, series/parallel, etc).

I have them on ebay right now, but if you see this post loooong after the listing ends and are interested in a pair, just send me a message thru harmony central. I can even make you a custom color-coded set to match your DiMarzio, Seymour Duncan, or other pickup manufacturer.

I also build custom wiring harnesses or just high quality replacement harnesses for les paul's, sg's, strat's, tele's, any electric guitar.

Thx,

SunDogAZ

• 2 weeks later...

Archived