I Need A NEW Car.............New Meaning Of Gas

Bbreaker

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have an '05 Honda S2000 I bought new (still has only about 20K on it) and a 2010 Nissy Maxi.

If it weren't for getting ass raped on trade-ins, I often think I'd like to swap them both in for one of these.

ext11.jpg

And I also have a "guilty pleasure" attraction to the Dodge Challenger. It would just be hard in my job to pull off the matching mullet, but I do think they've done the best "retro job" with that car. I read somewhere where it's slated to be discontinued. confused.gif

2013-Challenger-blackfront-14.jpg

I've long been attracted to BMWs, and the wife has an '03 Z4 with all the bells and whistles, but where I work, German luxury cars is not a great idea for management to drive.

• Members

I stopped buying new cars years ago - let some other poor sucker take that initial depreciation hit! Chances are excellent, if you're patient, that you can find what you want, a year or two old with a few miles on it, for pennies on the dollar.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man View Post
I have an '05 Honda S2000 I bought new (still has only about 20K on it) and a 2010 Nissy Maxi.

If it weren't for getting ass raped on trade-ins, I often think I'd like to swap them both in for one of these.

ext11.jpg

And I also have a "guilty pleasure" attraction to the Dodge Challenger. It would just be hard in my job to pull of the matching mullet, but I do think they've done the best "retro job" with that car. I read somewhere where it's slated to be discontinued. confused.gif

2013-Challenger-blackfront-14.jpg

I've long been attracted to BMWs, and the wife has an '03 Z4 with all the bells and whistles, but where I work, German luxury cars is not a great idea for management to drive.
I took the G37 Coupe and Challenger RT for test drives this weekend. Both fun cars in their own way. The G37 was refined and nimble. The Challenger was everything a big muscle car should be.

• Members

I'm looking too.
I drive a fecking Eclipse.
I've had it for 3 years,but I don't want to do another Colorado Winter in it.
Luckily I have a friend that is a sales manager at a dealership.
Hitting the credit union tomorrow to see what I can do on a loan.

Good Luck Bbreaker

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
I'm looking too.
I drive a fecking Eclipse.
I've had it for 3 years,but I don't want to do another Colorado Winter in it.
Luckily I have a friend that is a sales manager at a dealership.
Hitting the credit union tomorrow to see what I can do on a loan.

Good Luck Bbreaker
The last two times I've been in Vegas I've had an Eclipse Spider and it was comfy but lacking in power. I've been happy with my FJ, other than the mileage. Good thing I only fill it up every two weeks or so. I actually wish we had more snow here in PA, I don't get to play with it very often.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by chadd View Post
The last two times I've been in Vegas I've had an Eclipse Spider and it was comfy but lacking in power. I've been happy with my FJ, other than the mileage. Good thing I only fill it up every two weeks or so. I actually wish we had more snow here in PA, I don't get to play with it very often.
I know what you mean about the lack of power .
I have to rev the {censored}e out of the engine when heading into the mountains.
Take your foot off the gas for a microsecond,and you just lost highway speed.

I drove a friends Fj last month,that thing is like a mountain goat.
I don't haz the $ for one.cry.gif
Thinking of a Jeep Cherokee Sport for now.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by vintage clubber View Post
come on down to Virginia and buy a Ford from me...wave.gif

I had this '66 Ford Fairlane (modded with a 428 CobraJet) for about 25 years.
Sold it 2 years ago.......just in time to finance my homes central A/C, furnace and attic fan.

DSC00474.jpg
DSC00469.jpg

• Members

We looked at/demoed a Chevy Spark.
Not a sexy beast but good enough to zip around and file motions for NJ Lawyers in the court system.
We're still thinking about pulling the trigger.
Nothing like our former '66 Fairlane; '92 Thunderbird Sport; '87 BMW 325i or '95 Mitsu 3000GT..............uh, the Spark is a functional car for what I need.

Hey, I lost the business income of at least $80k per year since 2007.
2012 is even worse.
Can't wait to retire and be out of this crazy {censored}.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by docjeffrey View Post
I bought a new BMW for my wife last summer. It had 11,000 miles on it, full warranty and free service to 50,000. I paid less for it than a new Chevy Volt or Preus. All wheel drive, inline 6, corners like a dream.

bmw1.jpg
Cool car Doc.
Congrats.
I get a lot of off color comments by the lawyer group that I contract work from.........if I showed up with that the envy meter would be loud and off the charts.
Between us humans, in my 30+ years of driving, that customer loves to push the negative button more than any custom I've ever had.
rolleyes.gif

• Members

My '99 Accord is slowly reaching the end of its useful life; I had to dump $4,000 of repairs into it last fall. Between the wife, the kid and the dog, we've hit capacity in that car.

I'm eyeing the Subaru Outback, since it's bigger without being too big for the garage, and Subaru's in the Top 3 of customer satisfaction according to Consumer Reports.

038731-heels-wheels-2012-subaru-outback-

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Bbreaker View Post
Cool car Doc.
Congrats.
I get a lot of off color comments by the lawyer group that I contract work from.........if I showed up with that the envy meter would be loud and off the charts.
Between us humans, in my 30+ years of driving, that customer loves to push the negative button more than any custom I've ever had.
rolleyes.gif
So...you're looking at a Robin Reliant?

1976_Reliant_Robin_Rick_Feibusch_2010.jp

Archived