Please send prayers & mojo for Roswell

Doctor Morbius

• Members

My buddy Roswell died in my arms Saturday on the way to a vet to be euthanized. He had a mass in his abdomen and nothing could be done. He seemed alright that morning but his breathing was labored. He died about an hour after that. He was only about 10 years old.

I found him as a feral kitten about 5 months old living in a busy Kroger parking lot on Roswell Road in Roswell GA when I used to live there a decade ago. I had to borrow a trap from a local vet to catch him as he wouldn't let anybody near him.

As a feral cat he didn't want anything to do with people, but after about a year he started warming up and became one of the nicest cats I've ever known. I'll sure miss him.

Here's a pic from 2010.
IMG_0027.jpg

Here he is with Ginger. His eyes are fine, it's my bad photography.
P1010060-1.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mojo, man. People often look at animals like they are of little importance or value. It's been my experience that they share every single emotion that humans have, plus they are often capable of something that most humans seem to be incapable of, unconditional love.

Thanks for taking care of this guy and mojo sent.

• Members

Doctor - so sorry to here this. You know had to put Lamb Chop down just a couple weeks ago. I also had a cat, "Killer" that I had for about 16 years. I cried like a baby when I had to finally put her to sleep. I bet Rosewell is still around - somewhere - just like Lamb is. Mojo my friend.

• Members

Condolences, bro. Those cat shaped holes in the heart really hurt bad from the onset. When this happened to me and I lost my little buddy of 11 years, I thought the daily tears would quickly wash away. Two months later and still crying, I said fukkit and I went out and got TWO kittens! They're going on 8 years old now.

• Members

Sorry to hear about your puddy cat. Sounds like you had a unique experience with that animal. I'm almost 6 years since I lost my lab and that still messes me up. He was my best buddy evah.

Well, you can feel good knowing that you gave Ros a very good life.

My condolences.

Archived