XMAS Guitar deals coming soon???(Gibson Midtowns}

johnnytuinals

• Members

Damm I was looking to buy one of the Gibson Firebirds from samash.com a few weeks ago with a 10% discount for MF butt I kinda passed on it
Then a week ago SamAsh.com have the Flying V with hardshell case for $799
and MF also gave me the 10% discount for $749,,Buttt I kindaaa passed on that too.
Today Samash.com has the Gibson Midtown for $799 and I am sure MF would also give me the 10% or $50 off on the guitar for $749...
Yes I passed on a few good deals
Its not like like I am broke since I bought 2 new NEW American fender telecaters a few months ago.
But looking at the Midtowns with the P90s making me think that there will be other or better deals before Xmas on Gibsons???(like the midtown customs}
I think Samash`had the Midtown Customs for $999 a few weeks ago.
Just hoping to see many more dealsssss.JT

• Members

I could not pass up the Midtown - I mean, a good MIA semi-hollow with P90s (AND rosewood board wink.giftongue.gif) and a case for $799???? No-brainer, and that's a great deal even without the MF price match.

FWIW, Sam Ash still has all four colors that they started with in stock. I woner if these are slow sellers if they'll drop the price even further closer to year's end.

I'm also keeping an eye on those $529 worn cherry LP Studios - apparently, they did not sell out yesterday, and a reliable source (Hi, PK wave.gif) said that a local SA store still had 5-6 yesterday, when they had maybe 8 on Wednesday idn_smilie.gif - plus they are still available on the website.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by cbh5150 View Post
I could not pass up the Midtown - I mean, a good MIA semi-hollow with P90s (AND rosewood board wink.giftongue.gif) and a case for $799???? No-brainer, and that's a great deal even without the MF price match.

FWIW, Sam Ash still has all four colors that they started with in stock. I woner if these are slow sellers if they'll drop the price even further closer to year's end.

I'm also keeping an eye on those $529 worn cherry LP Studios - apparently, they did not sell out yesterday, and a reliable source (Hi, PK wave.gif) said that a local SA store still had 5-6 yesterday, when they had maybe 8 on Wednesday idn_smilie.gif - plus they are still available on the website.
I thought these had the richlite boards?

• Members

I like the Midtowns,but I kinda like the midtown customs atadsss more.
Its crazy seeing these deals for the last month and MF matching the prices and abits more off with 10%.
Reason I did not buy the Flying V was it had most everything the faded V has except for the case.
What is the MF policy now adays since last week lol,,,do they still give you the 10% and a gift card?
Might be worth it then.thanks......JT

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1

View Post

Someone mentioned in another thread the Midtowns are a completely flattop guitar and not arched like a typical semi hollow body guitar. tell me this isn't true as I ordered one and not sure I would dig this being completely flat.

I think it is flat

• Members

If this was directed at me then you might be right about me preferring the 339 to the Midtown, but there were no specific deals on the Gibson 339 or Epi variant and the 339s don't come with p-90s.

The other comment on 'as flat as Keira Knightly' well at least everything else on her is smoking hot. I would take Keira Knightly over the Midtown Custom~! Hell throw in Natalie Portman with Keira Knightly and then I can call it a day!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks View Post
Should have gone for the Epi Es-339 Pro.

• Members

I pulled the trigger on a Midtown Custom. I've got the ES335 with a rosewood fret board and compared to the richlite on the Midtown, I really don't all see the hate for the richlite. The richlite is warm, smooth and I won't have to condition it like I condition the rosewood boards. Therefore, it's less maintenance for me. Besides, they also use richlite as kitchen counters, tell me that isn't tough material.

Besides, I bought it primarily for this...
Headstock-jpg.aspx
It also plays as well as my 335. In my book, looks will always trump the microscopic tonal differences in fretboard material. The 'Custom' treatments makes this guitar stand out and that'll inspire me to play better.

Archived