Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XMAS Guitar deals coming soon???(Gibson Midtowns}

Damm I was looking to buy one of the Gibson Firebirds from samash.com a few weeks ago with a 10% discount for MF butt I kinda passed on it

Then a week ago SamAsh.com have the Flying V with hardshell case for $799

and MF also gave me the 10% discount for $749,,Buttt I kindaaa passed on that too.

Today Samash.com has the Gibson Midtown for $799 and I am sure MF would also give me the 10% or $50 off on the guitar for $749...

Yes I passed on a few good deals

Its not like like I am broke since I bought 2 new NEW American fender telecaters a few months ago.

But looking at the Midtowns with the P90s making me think that there will be other or better deals before Xmas on Gibsons???(like the midtown customs}

I think Samash`had the Midtown Customs for $999 a few weeks ago.

Just hoping to see many more dealsssss.JT
    1957 Gibson Les Paul Jr TV,1958 Gibson Les Paul Jr Tv,1960 Gibson Les Paul Jr Tv1972 Gibson SG200,1989 Fender American Strat Yellow,1990 Gibson Les Paul SpecialTv2011 Gibson Flying V Heritage Cherry,2011 Fender American Standard Tele Blond2012 Fender American Standard Tele Natural,2012 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Gold Top2012 Fender American Standard Stratocaster Charcoal,2012 Gibson SG '61 Reissue,2012 Gibson Government Explorer Limited,2012 Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Jr Tv,2012 Gibson Les Paul DC Ebony Double cutaway2013 Fender Telecaster AV72 ThinLine2 Fender Twin Reverbs,1 Marshall JCM2000DSL 100 watt,Peavey 412 6505 Cabinet,Orange PPC412 HP

oh, ok....
    Originally Posted by VÃ****ctor

..Si te separas, espero que no, avÃ****same podÃ****amos vivir juntos, eso si, sin mariconeo...

Originally Posted by artiem

The truest indicator of one's character is how he acts when there are no consequences.

SPAM: FT/FS

Comment

They've been up for at least a week. I've been debating a Midtown the last few days.

Comment

I could not pass up the Midtown - I mean, a good MIA semi-hollow with P90s (AND rosewood board ) and a case for $799???? No-brainer, and that's a great deal even without the MF price match.

FWIW, Sam Ash still has all four colors that they started with in stock. I woner if these are slow sellers if they'll drop the price even further closer to year's end.

I'm also keeping an eye on those $529 worn cherry LP Studios - apparently, they did not sell out yesterday, and a reliable source (Hi, PK ) said that a local SA store still had 5-6 yesterday, when they had maybe 8 on Wednesday - plus they are still available on the website.
        This used to be a great place. Thanks, GCI, for killing it.See y'all at Wein's.

Comment

Guess you missed the deal thread bro. I got a midtown for $749 shipped on the way + $250 gift card. (no you can't get a gift card that high anymore, they changed the policy yesterday) There has been TONS of good deals this week.
          Guitars:
          Too many to list, many Carvin's and friends.

Comment

No, I didn't miss it - I just ordered before that came up. Again, I still think the $799 I paid is a great deal.

Hopefully, those gift certs don't have too many restrictions - I've been burned on those before...

Comment

No sorry that post was directed at the OP.
              Guitars:

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by cbh5150
                View Post

I could not pass up the Midtown - I mean, a good MIA semi-hollow with P90s (AND rosewood board ) and a case for $799???? No-brainer, and that's a great deal even without the MF price match.

FWIW, Sam Ash still has all four colors that they started with in stock. I woner if these are slow sellers if they'll drop the price even further closer to year's end.

I'm also keeping an eye on those $529 worn cherry LP Studios - apparently, they did not sell out yesterday, and a reliable source (Hi, PK ) said that a local SA store still had 5-6 yesterday, when they had maybe 8 on Wednesday - plus they are still available on the website.

I thought these had the richlite boards?

Comment

I like the Midtowns,but I kinda like the midtown customs atadsss more.

Its crazy seeing these deals for the last month and MF matching the prices and abits more off with 10%.

Reason I did not buy the Flying V was it had most everything the faded V has except for the case.

What is the MF policy now adays since last week lol,,,do they still give you the 10% and a gift card?

Might be worth it then.thanks......JT
                  1957 Gibson Les Paul Jr TV,1958 Gibson Les Paul Jr Tv,1960 Gibson Les Paul Jr Tv1972 Gibson SG200,1989 Fender American Strat Yellow,1990 Gibson Les Paul SpecialTv2011 Gibson Flying V Heritage Cherry,2011 Fender American Standard Tele Blond2012 Fender American Standard Tele Natural,2012 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Gold Top2012 Fender American Standard Stratocaster Charcoal,2012 Gibson SG '61 Reissue,2012 Gibson Government Explorer Limited,2012 Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Jr Tv,2012 Gibson Les Paul DC Ebony Double cutaway2013 Fender Telecaster AV72 ThinLine2 Fender Twin Reverbs,1 Marshall JCM2000DSL 100 watt,Peavey 412 6505 Cabinet,Orange PPC412 HP

Comment

Someone mentioned in another thread the Midtowns are a completely flattop guitar and not arched like a typical semi hollow body guitar. tell me this isn't true as I ordered one and not sure I would dig this being completely flat.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1
                      View Post

Someone mentioned in another thread the Midtowns are a completely flattop guitar and not arched like a typical semi hollow body guitar. tell me this isn't true as I ordered one and not sure I would dig this being completely flat.

I think it is flat
                      Guitars:

Comment

CRAP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by esphil
                        View Post

I think it is flat

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Honkers
                          View Post

I thought these had the richlite boards?

The Standards and the Customs do (both of the humbucker versions), but the P90 version is rosewood.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1
                            View Post

CRAP!!!!!

Flat as Keira Knightley...

Comment

Should have gone for the Epi Es-339 Pro.

Comment

Working...
                              X