Yamaha Pacifica 611 HFM in US?

BeanoBoy

• Members

Okay, I'm fairly certain that they're not available within the US.

BUT. I do frequent a European site who stock Yamaha guitars, including the Pacifica 611HFM. I enquired about shipping to the US mainland, and it seems they'll ship outside of the EU for a charge of 30EU, or about $40.

Anyway, here is the link. http://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_pacifica_611hfm_rb.htm

They've three 611HFMs: the RB, TB and TP. All are the same price.

Will continue looking and see if I can find some cheaper shipping from UK/EU.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by AVisme

View Post

I was wondering the same thing. Even a 311 would be nice. I really wish Yamaha would make their higher end guitars available over here. Seems stupid to me not to.

You and me both, man. I'd love to see Xavieres over here. But alas, I will bend over and pay the $100 shipping plus the ridiculous

• Members

And $800 including shipping on the 611. I can keep looking, but most of these UK retailers refuse to ship outside of the UK and some parts of the EU. It's pretty stupid since the US will ship anything here. I guess it'll come down to how much you want the guitar.

Though this does give me a potentially illegal and counter-productive business idea...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post

BUT. I do frequent a European site who stock Yamaha guitars, including the Pacifica 611HFM. I enquired about shipping to the US mainland, and it seems they'll ship outside of the EU for a charge of 30EU, or about $40.

Anyway, here is the link. http://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_pacifica_611hfm_rb.htm

Thanks!!! I looked into it and it seems with shipping, the 611 would cost me less than $700. I'm going to read some reviews, particularly whether the neck is hefty enough, before buying it. I dig the tones but I'm afraid the LA association might mean a thin, shred neck, which I'm not about. Thanks again for your interest and research!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BeanoBoy

View Post

Thanks!!! I looked into it and it seems with shipping, the 611 would cost me less than $700. I'm going to read some reviews, particularly whether the neck is hefty enough, before buying it. I dig the tones but I'm afraid the LA association might mean a thin, shred neck, which I'm not about. Thanks again for your interest and research!

No problem, man. Had a love affair with a 112 not too long ago. For a cheap guitar, it played real nicely. As for the neck, I seem to remember it was neither too thick nor too thin. But then, I quite like a skinny neck.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger

View Post

No problem, man. Had a love affair with a 112 not too long ago. For a cheap guitar, it played real nicely. As for the neck, I seem to remember it was neither too thick nor too thin. But then, I quite like a skinny neck.

Yeah, the neck is about a 9 inch radius. Not quite hefty, I'm going to check out other guitars like a Hagstrom Viking, which has a REAL thin neck and compare.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BeanoBoy

View Post

Yeah, the neck is about a 9 inch radius. Not quite hefty, I'm going to check out other guitars like a Hagstrom Viking, which has a REAL thin neck and compare.

I don't think I've ever seen a Hagstrom, much less played one. But I know that they're readily available here. As far as my skinny necks go, the Washburn KC-40V has the thinnest feeling of all my collection. Very fast. Close behind that is the RG, but as well as being thin, it's quite a wide fretboard. After that they all feel near enough the same. I feel quite lucky in that neck profile doesn't really affect how I play or how comfortable a guitar is, I just prefer skinny necks because I've got smallish hands. But then, I've never played a really bad neck. That would probably teach me to appreciate the good ones even more.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger

View Post

I don't think I've ever seen a Hagstrom, much less played one. But I know that they're readily available here. As far as my skinny necks go, the Washburn KC-40V has the thinnest feeling of all my collection. Very fast. Close behind that is the RG, but as well as being thin, it's quite a wide fretboard. After that they all feel near enough the same. I feel quite lucky in that neck profile doesn't really affect how I play or how comfortable a guitar is, I just prefer skinny necks because I've got smallish hands. But then, I've never played a really bad neck. That would probably teach me to appreciate the good ones even more.

At this point my '91 PRS Artist has the thinnest neck in my collection. My main guitar for many years, after I retired from live work I went back to my roots ( Early Clapton, Hendrix, Taylor etc.) and started collecting instruments with chubbier necks. I've grown fond of them. I'm playing less notes these days and the fatter necks seem to complement that approach.. My PRS feels REALLY weird now. The Classic Blues/Rock tones Soren obtains via the 611 and the THR 10 were very inspiring. I may order a 611 after I've had the THR for awhile to see if I really NEED it as opposed to WANTING it. The price is really not bad at all and the finishes are unlike any I have.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BeanoBoy View Post
At this point my '91 PRS Artist has the thinnest neck in my collection. My main guitar for many years, after I retired from live work I went back to my roots ( Early Clapton, Hendrix, Taylor etc.) and started collecting instruments with chubbier necks. I've grown fond of them. I'm playing less notes these days and the fatter necks seem to complement that approach.. My PRS feels REALLY weird now. The Classic Blues/Rock tones Soren obtains via the 611 and the THR 10 were very inspiring. I may order a 611 after I've had the THR for awhile to see if I really NEED it as opposed to WANTING it. The price is really not bad at all and the finishes are unlike any I have.
Ah, you've more sense than I, sir. I see a guitar I want (usually used... I'm pretty broke), buy it and keep it for a couple of months. If it measures up, it stays. If it doesn't, or I find I don't play it as much as I should, it gets p/x'd for another one icon_lol.gif

The only guitar I ever bought because I actually wanted it specifically was the RG. But I never lusted after it for months on end. It just happened to waltz into the pawn shop as I was browsing and happened to be exactly the model and rare finish I'd grown so fond of. So I waited until a price was slapped on it and put with all the others. Immediately took it down, figured it played well enough after five minutes (though it definitely needed a setup) and handed over a big ol' wad o' cash. Best birthday ever.

I'm still not sure I fully understand different neck profiles, as I sort of adapt to a new neck if it feels different to my main. But again, I imagine if I found a really horrible one, it'd be instantly noticeable.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post

Thomann have the best prices in europe. Excellent store.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by AVisme

View Post

What is that? Over $700 U.S., including shipping? Yikes. eek.gif

At current rates it comes down to $774.45 + shipping. Screw that, take the VAT off the price and I'm down, otherwise I'm gonna stick to a domestically made instrument for that type of cash.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by elsupermanny14 View Post
At current rates it comes down to $774.45 + shipping. Screw that, take the VAT off the price and I'm down, otherwise I'm gonna stick to a domestically made instrument for that type of cash.

where are the FM611 made anyway, indonesia?

they look killer, i see people droping tons of cash on PRS SE guitars and altough there good i wouldnt buy one......this on the other hand is the same price as an epiphone or a shecter , fender MIM or prs se.

I want one and like it, or rather i like the idea of them and the concept and would buy one if i had the cash instead of some of the other brands i mentioned

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by elsupermanny14

View Post

A Canadian dealer sells them for $699 with free shipping.

Archived