Do people really offer tattoos for gear?

honeyiscool

• Members

"No trades or tattoos" is a common phrase but nobody's actually offered me a tat, yet.

Meanwhile, people have offered me broken Playstation 2 controllers. When I said no to that, he threw in a couple of games. The same guy responded to a different ad like two weeks later with similar offers.

• Members

I have a friend who plays bass that is extremely talented when it comes to tattooing. I personally don't have any, but I'd go to him if I wanted one. He's gotten some cool gear by doing tattoos. Mind you, he keeps it really professional, sterile and realistic.

• Members

I don't have any tattoos, mostly because I've never decided on a design that I thought was cool enough that I'd want it, you know, permanently attached to my body, but if I ever did get one, I'd want it to be from someone accomplished enough in their field that they could afford to buy my {censored}ty gear with actual money.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by arrowhen View Post
I don't have any tattoos, mostly because I've never decided on a design that I thought was cool enough that I'd want it, you know, permanently attached to my body, but if I ever did get one, I'd want it to be from someone accomplished enough in their field that they could afford to buy my {censored}ty gear with actual money.
I have a {censored}ty tattoo and almost everyone who ever sees it loves it.

That's the way to go, man. Just get a nice little "MOM" tattoo.

• Members

see it all the time around here, but I would never got for that. Its probably some hack doing {censored}ty work in his kitchen. No thanks, I'll rather not have hepatitis or aids from some douchebag who has never heard about cross contamination.

I hightly doubt any respectable artists in legitimate shops with proper health procedures are offering tattoo trades...

Archived