• Members

Quote Originally Posted by honeyiscool

View Post

My problem with the following brands:

Laney = Not Vox.

Marshall = Not Vox. But a bit tempting.

HiWatt = Not Vox. OK, pretty tempting.

Orange = OK, you got me.

hmm, not sure I completely agree and, as Vox have been part of a Japanese company for 20 years, maybe their amps should be compared with Yamaha, Ibanez, Roland ...rather than the ones I listed

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by PrawnHeed

View Post

hmm, not sure I completely agree and, as Vox have been part of a Japanese company for 20 years, maybe their amps should be compared with Yamaha, Ibanez, Roland ...rather than the ones I listed

I think Korg has done a wonderful way of updating Vox in a way that makes it better, but its proud British heritage is something they very much play up.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Blue

View Post

That being said, HIC, I've been thinking that the Tony Bruno models are wrongheaded: Do we really want an American-voiced Vox? Thoughts?

Yeah. I got over them after about 8 hours of being enamored with it. They sound good, but it's not quite the right sound for me, and I don't like that look for a Vox amp.

I think Voxes should be unabashedly British. It's what makes them great.

• Members

Here's what I saw as being a few of the similarities:

Same video style = sitting on a couch while playing and talking about the gear in a conversational way

Guitars hanging on the wall behind him

Similar hairstyle

Praising the H&K in much the same way HIC praised the Pathfinder 15R in one of his videos

Brief excerpts of adept playing in different styles

Maybe iHIC in the Bizarro world is a more apt way of looking at this--but these guitarists do seem to be "brothers of different mothers."

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by honeyiscool

View Post

I think Korg has done a wonderful way of updating Vox in a way that makes it better, but its proud British heritage is something they very much play up.

I agree that Korg have done a good job. The Pathfinder and Valvetronix models are just great. The Night Trains are a good concept.

I am less enamoured with their AC models, but I'd guess that's where their margins come from - cheaply made, low technology, premium priced.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DaleH

View Post

He wouldn't have been robbed at gun point...

Douchebag.

And yeah, the kid here loves his H&K.

HIC, jammed on a friends AC-15HW today. If you get a chance, check those out. I'm thinking of moving my bassman for one. Insane quality and everything I played on it sounded good.

Archived