2013 Original SG

Angry Tele

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by pekelnik

View Post

Wait, what? They sell SG standards for 799$? Where? Why don't I need one!

I was in a Sam Ash in Miami last week and they were $799 plus tax, the Midtown Standard P90 was 799 as well.... the SGs sold fast, when I walked in the store they were unpacking, when I left the mall about 4 hours later (with my Midtown lol) the sales guy was putting aside the last SG for a friend of his... so they are going fast...

• Members

This is super-hot. Definitely liking what Gibson has done with the SG Standard line for 2013. Lower prices, vintage-style pickguard, Maestro option...it's no wonder they're blowing out the current SG Standards and 61RIs right now.

Sweetwater has the 2013 SG Standard for $1299. This version with the Maestro is $1899. $600 for the Maestro, what am I missing?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by artiem View Post
This is super-hot. Definitely liking what Gibson has done with the SG Standard line for 2013. Lower prices, vintage-style pickguard, Maestro option...it's no wonder they're blowing out the current SG Standards and 61RIs right now.

Sweetwater has the 2013 SG Standard for $1299. This version with the Maestro is $1899. $600 for the Maestro, what am I missing?
Staying in tune.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by billythegoat View Post
Gorgeous guitar! I hate that neck joint however....

I usually hate this but I hope a few of these get parted out on eBay so I can nab up another Vibrola for a project.
When you say you hate the neck joint, do you mean you hate the neck joint on the current SG Standard as opposed to the neck joint on the 61 Reissue? I'm wondering about the new 2013 SG Standard, I'm hoping it's the same neck joint as the current model as opposed to the 61 Reissue joint. I find that I get a little too much wobble/sway from the 61 Reissue neck, as much as I like them and their neck profile. The current SG Standard seems a little stronger and neck not as wobbly, but I'm not crazy about the neck size. I'm hoping the 2013 SG Standard has both the features that I prefer.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mattburnside

View Post

I played one of the current Angus SGs at Sam Ash in NYC a few months ago. It was, without question, the narrowest neck I have ever played on. It played wonderfully, but that's probably a deal-breaker for some.

yeah no doubt. Its based on one of his that was stupid thin. So thin he said he looked for years and couldnt find one quite as thin. That and the cartoon inlay are deal breakers for me. edit: this one doesnt have the cartoon Angus, thank god.

Archived