Nov 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1
    View Post

How are you guys finding deals on the Best Buy website? I guess the BF deals are over, but this morning I typed in Fender Strat and everything was full price. Fender American Special Strat for $899 for example...

Store Locator > Local Store Page > Clearance Items > Shop This Store > Musical Instruments

Comment

• This may be some work but I'm trying it to get one of the best buy deals. If you can locate a closed box guitar, it can be shipped locally.

You can use the following link to find a list of jobs which shows which stores have instruments. I found the guitar I want however its open box and they won't ship that.

http://www.bestbuy-jobs.com/go/Job-P...7&sortdir=desc

Once you have that you can filter the store by clearance.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Electron...at142300050026

If you find that the guitar shows up you can try to call and have them search the SKU. If they have the SKU, it can be shipped. I'm trying to find my guitar to have it shipped and will keep trying stores.
      Guitars:
      Too many to list, many Carvin's and friends.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by esphil
        View Post

This may be some work but I'm trying it to get one of the best buy deals. If you can locate a closed box guitar, it can be shipped locally.

You can use the following link to find a list of jobs which shows which stores have instruments. I found the guitar I want however its open box and they won't ship that.

http://www.bestbuy-jobs.com/go/Job-P...7&sortdir=desc

Once you have that you can filter the store by clearance.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Electron...at142300050026

If you find that the guitar shows up you can try to call and have them search the SKU. If they have the SKU, it can be shipped. I'm trying to find my guitar to have it shipped and will keep trying stores.

So, even though the website says "pickup only", the store will ship? Do they ship to a home address, or your local store?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by cbh5150
          View Post

So, even though the website says "pickup only", the store will ship? Do they ship to a home address, or your local store?

Sounds like a local store, however on the previous page one member got it shipped to his house after speaking with store manager.
          Guitars:

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by rockbot
            View Post

Store Locator > Local Store Page > Clearance Items > Shop This Store > Musical Instruments

If my local store is any indication, Best Buys inventory management system is a disaster.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Convert
              View Post

If my local store is any indication, Best Buys inventory management system is a disaster.

ditto.

Same experience here. If I really was inclined I'd drive in and see, but fighting a bit of a hangover.
              Gear For SaleEpiphone Sorrento w/case $425 shippedLine 6 Tap Tremolo Pedal $90 shippedToadworks Mr. Squishy Compressor $75 shippedBarber Trfecta $90 shippedGood Deals listhttp://acapella.harmony-central.com/...33&postcount=4

Comment

• Even using the job locater info, store with guitars still don't show many of the models available after check out.
                Death leaves a heartache no one can heal
                Love leaves a memory no one can steal

Comment

• Are those DBZ Birds of Prey models any good? EMG 81/85 active pickups, Original Floyd Rose and hardshell case for $398 from Best Buy...

Comment

• The Best Buy website has drawn me in numerous times over the long weekend but it never works out. It's just not worth the hassle for someone not near a BB with a music dept.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Mark Nason
                      View Post

The Best Buy website has drawn me in numerous times over the long weekend but it never works out. It's just not worth the hassle for someone not near a BB with a music dept.

Yeah I called a number of stores, but not worth it for me. I found the 65 Mustang I want for $299 in Laurel Maryland but its open box and they won't ship it : If anyone is near there, that would be a good deal. I'm assuming they have others too.
                      Guitars:

Comment

• Rockbot, did you find that at the Lakewood, CA store? I saw that there along with the classic 60's strat. There is also a Gibson songwriter acoustic there for $670 that i wanted. It is pretty much used but still a good price. I'm proud of myself for not buying a single thing in the past two weeks. Well, except the squier jaguar i bought lol!
                        Good trader/seller: Woody_in_MN, GibsonQC, m90guy, maltomario, drmojoxl, RockinIt, souperman08, Hand Amputation, D-log

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by esphil
                          View Post

Yeah I called a number of stores, but not worth it for me. I found the 65 Mustang I want for $299 in Laurel Maryland but its open box and they won't ship it : If anyone is near there, that would be a good deal. I'm assuming they have others too.

I'm right near Laurel. Do you know if that is all they have?

Comment

• Out of all of the Fender deals at Best Buy which is the better deal, getting one of the American Standard teles for $400 and change or one of the Roadworn models for a little less? Aren't the Roadworn models made in Mexico?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by TunerAddict
                              View Post

I'm right near Laurel. Do you know if that is all they have?

I called about a hour ago and thats all I asked about, if that have that one I'm assuming they have others.
                              Guitars:

Comment

• I just checked my Ann Arbor store. I might have to leave NOW and go...
                                Good deals with - Yarbicus, CBH5150, BozzofAngels, Alvin Wilson, Harris Quinn

Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Comment

Working...
                                X