Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nov 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So frustrated with all these great guitars out there at various BB stores, but none near me! Congrats to all who are scoring some of these amazing deals...
    -SteveWell, of course I bought guitars that are better than I am! I need something to grow into, right?

Comment

• I just bought a Fender highway one strat from best buy, $310 including tax. A few scratches on back, but can't complain for the price. Here's still one left at the Bronx location
      WTB: Seymour Duncan Convertible Amp Modules. If you have any modules, please PM me with your asking price. Thank You

Good Traders: drivelikejoewho, BluesTuesday

Proud member of the Epiphone Empire

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by birdwax
        View Post

You know, I hadn't thought about the danger that cheap stands pose to guitars in earthquake areas. I live around Philadelphia and I've experienced an earthquake only once. I was in bed and I felt a vibration so gentle that it could easily have been a kid poking on it. For the next two days, every conversation in every cubicle, street corner, and dinner table was about The Earthquake. No picture frames dropped to the floor. I would be amazed if a fork fell from a dining table.

When I posted the stand deal and talked about earthquakes I was dead serious. We had a 3.3 followed by a 2.8 last night, centered less than 2km from our house. I can't just lean a guitar up against a wall or an amp. Ever.

Here's another option:

Hercules Stands GSP38WB-2 (2-Pack) $24.95 Free Shipping at Sweetwater

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HercHang2pk/

Does the same thing but wall mountable. Still need a way to protect the back of the guitar, but if you mount it correctly the only way the guitar will fall is if the wall comes down, too.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by chbaker
          View Post

We were matching some of the offers Best Buy had on their site up until yesterday morning when we started investigating them and found that none of the ones we were checking existed, or at least they weren't new. I'm sure there may be some out there, in which case we would do it after we confirm with the Best Buy store that they have it and it's new, but as a general policy, we're not doing them. If you send the details in to forums@musiciansfriend.com, we can check for you.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

And then they called Fender and raised hell.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Guitarzan58
            View Post

When I posted the stand deal and talked about earthquakes I was dead serious. We had a 3.3 followed by a 2.8 last night, centered less than 2km from our house. I can't just lean a guitar up against a wall or an amp. Ever.

Here's another option:

Hercules Stands GSP38WB-2 (2-Pack) $24.95 Free Shipping at Sweetwater

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HercHang2pk/

Does the same thing but wall mountable. Still need a way to protect the back of the guitar, but if you mount it correctly the only way the guitar will fall is if the wall comes down, too.

The walls in my apt are paper thin, this could possibly happen.

Comment

• Best Buys website lists several nice deals for my local Best Buy, but they really dont have a music instruments section- they have some keyboards, some acoustic starter kits, and some DJ stuff but thats about it. However, it lists several electric guitar, such as Schecter and Fender, that lets me add to cart and says it can be picked up in store. I was just in there this evening, no electric guitars in sight. What gives?
              Good Deals:Tweedledee, Naregnemyes, Rocketop777, Clonexx

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by virtuzoso
                View Post

Best Buys website lists several nice deals for my local Best Buy, but they really dont have a music instruments section- they have some keyboards, some acoustic starter kits, and some DJ stuff but thats about it. However, it lists several electric guitar, such as Schecter and Fender, that lets me add to cart and says it can be picked up in store. I was just in there this evening, no electric guitars in sight. What gives?

The BB web site is screwed up.

Comment

• The BB site seems to let you order many of the clearance items for pickup only. Could be BB has a warehouse of stuff they're blowing out and are only shipping to the stores after they get orders. Anyone try ordering something then going to pick it up?
                  --------------------------------
                  www.VerneAndru.com

Comment

• Roland - CUBE-30X 30W Guitar Amplifier $89.99 BACK IN STOCK

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Roland+-...&skuId=8105757

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Verne Andru
                      View Post

The BB site seems to let you order many of the clearance items for pickup only. Could be BB has a warehouse of stuff they're blowing out and are only shipping to the stores after they get orders. Anyone try ordering something then going to pick it up?

this is false. you can't actually place an order - at least I couldn't for any of the fender gear I wanted.
                      Good deals: 300+ between HC/TGP... honestly, if you're reading this, I've probably traded with you at one point or another

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by sasjf
                        View Post

Roland - CUBE-30X 30W Guitar Amplifier $89.99 BACK IN STOCK

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Roland+-...&skuId=8105757

I ordered one - apparently successfully - the first time around. Then, a few days later, this

"Unfortunately the item below is on backorder and not yet available for pickup. If we don't get more in stock by December 2, we will cancel your order."

So do you suppose now that it's "back in stock" I'm slated to get one? (I'm not holding out much hope.)

Comment

• So, I swung by two Best Buys this morning. One of them had some good deals. Another Road Worn Telecaster for $408, a 60s Classic Strat for $350-ish, and a $230 MIM Tele. I almost thought I'd found a big score... There was an HSS strat on the wall that looked a lot like one of the guitars on Best Buy's clearance page, but it was actually an American Special instead of an American Standard. Oh well.

So then I went to the second Best Buy... And there she was. In the clearance room for $799.99 (regularly $1129). She rang up for $521.99. $567.66 after tax. The sales guy couldn't find the case, so I left with only the guitar. How could I complain at that price? However, after I realized that I didn't even the get the tremolo arm, I went back later and checked with another sales guy

Comment

• Awesome score! I picked up an HH Jag a few days ago for $337, and I have a 60's road worn strat on the way for $409. I wonder when they'll have an LP Standard for $500. (yeah right)
                            How many more guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by hausmann
                              View Post

Awesome score! I picked up an HH Jag a few days ago for $337, and I have a 60's road worn strat on the way for $409. I wonder when they'll have an LP Standard for $500. (yeah right)

Good job on that Jag. A few years ago MF had an epic Fender Friday promo every week. I scored one of those for $299 and have never seen anything close to it (until your score). I didn't like the pickups but its a fantastic guitar.
                              Originally Posted by FreekishBluesFX

I enjoy a lady with a nice pair of slacks and a turtle neck. No make-up....when I peek under the hood I like to be a little surprised, call me old fashion.

Comment

• Yesterday four M123 price match requests went out, and four got shot down. Today, four M123 price match requests went out (different items from yesterday) and four came back matching the price of the other stores, not beating them.

Have they stopped doing their 110% guarantee, or is this just part of their games? I'm not a fan of the games.
                                "There's no such thing as rock stars, there's just people who play music. But some of them are just like us and some of them are dicks!" --Frank Turner

Past music projects:
                                on the bass
                                on the guitar

Recent project:
                                on the pen

Current project:
                                on the pencil

Comment

Working...
                                X