Need group hug......Passed up the deal of the century

67mike

• Members

Man....

I just bought a SG Standard 2 weeks ago.

Any way, I was able to wrangle what I think is the best deal of the entire black friday season........New 2013 Les Paul Traditional Burst for $1399 .......

I had the order completed......then I gave it some thought.....I already have a VERY nice Heritage Les Paul with Lollar P90's.....do I need another big bill?????

Called and cancelled the order....just got it prior to shipment.

Now, I am both Happy and Sad.......NEED A HUG GUYS.cry.gifconfused.gifsmile.gif

• Members

Yeah, playing my guitar with lollars tend to make me happy and really quells the GAS pains. When you have that one special guitar already, it just makes it easier to pass a deal that would be just a different flavor of what you already have.

So your prescription is more Lollar!! Totally_jammin_out.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Yavin View Post
Yeah, playing my guitar with lollars tend to make me happy and really quells the GAS pains. When you have that one special guitar already, it just makes it easier to pass a deal that would be just a different flavor of what you already have.

So your prescription is more Lollar!! Totally_jammin_out.gif
Thanks.....and you speaketh the truth.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by craigny View Post
As long as you have the Heritage...you just saved alot of coin..
Thanks, yes......and I had thought of putting the heritage up for sale....but Thankfully, my Bro-in-Law talked some sense into me (he owns several new Gibson's) and he pointed out the obvious that the Heritage would be way more guitar than the traditional LP.....so I am keeping the Heritage.

What I may do is save up and when the next round of uber deals appear...I will snap up a LP standard or Traditional just to get a Humbucker LP.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by benricci View Post
Deal of the Century? Must be a slow century...
Let's see....2013 Model...$2300 right now everywhere...for 1399 plus GC for $100 and free ship with no tax? Call me stupid, but $1000 off a guitar just released seems pretty good to me?

PS: If you can get me one cheaper...please show me how....I will buy it now.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by 67mike View Post
Let's see....2013 Model...$2300 right now everywhere...for 1399 plus GC for $100 and free ship with no tax? Call me stupid, but $1000 off a guitar just released seems pretty good to me?
I get it: you got MF to do the price match and the CSR accidentally gave you the 2013 version. No way I would have cancelled that. No need to sell your Heritage either: flip the hell out it!

PS: If you can get me one cheaper...please show me how....I will buy it now.
Maybe, but you'll cancel it before it ships.

Personally, the 2012 LP Standard in Blue Mist deal is far better for those who got the price match and $450 GC.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by joemonkey View Post
I get it: you got MF to do the price match and the CSR accidentally gave you the 2013 version. No way I would have cancelled that. No need to sell your Heritage either: flip the hell out it!

Personally, the 2012 LP Standard in Blue Mist deal is far better for those who got the price match and $450 GC.
Well considering it is capped at 100 now....I did have best deal around. Oh well at least I got a really nice SG standard and s zack wylde phaser.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by joemonkey View Post

If for some reason it came across as me bragging about the deal....that was not my intention. I made the post as I am kinda bummed that I passed up that deal......my wallet is happy though.

And once again, thanks for the titties, they always cheer me up.

• Members
Man....

I just bought a SG Standard 2 weeks ago.

Any way, I was able to wrangle what I think is the best deal of the entire black friday season........New 2013 Les Paul Traditional Burst for $1399 .......

I had the order completed......then I gave it some thought.....I already have a VERY nice Heritage Les Paul with Lollar P90's.....do I need another big bill?????

Called and cancelled the order....just got it prior to shipment.

Now, I am both Happy and Sad.......NEED A HUG GUYS.cry.gifconfused.gifsmile.gif
You don't need a hug....you are just a rational person with good sense.

I envy you.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by joemonkey

View Post

Actually it was a $525 GC (the $150 off code at Sam Ash worked on the Blue Mist Standard bringing it down to $1449 for a $1050 price difference).

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by theManfromAlabam View Post
You don't need a hug....you are just a rational person with good sense.

I envy you.

Thanks.

I played my heritage les paul and my new SG standard tonight.....and it is perfectly clear that I am much more a SG guy,,,,,it is the one I will play the most.

I might snap up a PRS in the 24.5 scale and see what they do for me.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by jhorne View Post
Actually it was a $525 GC (the $150 off code at Sam Ash worked on the Blue Mist Standard bringing it down to $1449 for a $1050 price difference).

My god.....you guys prison raped them and wiped your dicks on their shirts!!!!

Archived