TMG Guitars! Anybody heard about them?

tb_308

• Members

Consider this a pre-emptive NGD thread from me... so stoked.

Check out the website, pretty rad stuff. I've gotten to know Taylor (one of the founders, head builder), and I couldn't be more excited for mine! I'm getting a thinline with a p90, filtertron and bigsby... plus some other custom goodies. Ordered mine a while back, so expect a NGD thread from me soon! I'll post pics as soon as Taylor finishes it and gets it to me!

Just thought I'd get the word out on them as some big names are getting TMGs. A lot of Aussie session guys are picking one up, Brad Jackson from Jackson Ampworks is pretty stoked on them, and for you P&W guys Nigel Hendroff and the Bethel guys (Kunde and Brian Johnson) are either getting them or already have them-- Nigel took it with him on the last US tour. Here's their site: http://www.playaplaya.com.au/tmguitars

Looking forward to seeing more of his work since they just launched-- some of if not the absolute best looking relic jobs I've seen...

• Members

ah, weird... the website used to have a bunch of pics. I think they had to take a majority of the pics down because those guitars had the old headstock- TMG their own now and it's sweet (I got to see it)...

Say what you will about a flooded relic market, but I think these have a bit more pedigree than Joe-Partscaster... I found a post by Taylor over on TGP that goes into detail what makes them different. Here's the link to the thread. Brad Jackson posted some pics of one of the Strat-style guitars. Beautiful work

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho....php?t=1158339

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Blue

View Post

Good luck to all involved, but this really felt like shameless self-promotion disguised as a forum post/thread.

Sorry about that- I see how it could look a little "advertisment-y"; Honestly though, I don't work for Playa Playa or TMG... The guys that own it are just good dudes that make great guitars. I just wanted to get the word out on them as I wish them all the success in the world. wink.gif

Archived