Most ridiculous guitar(s) you cant stand that everyone else seems to love?

LynchProtoge

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Those neon pink/green etc Steve Vai Ibanez guitars with a handle.
WTF is the handle for? Am I going to drag a $1300 guitar around without a case???
And the horror of them all -the headless bodyless Steinbergers of the 80's.
Now that I think of it -a lot of guitars were ugly in the 80's.

• Members

Those neon pink/green etc Steve Vai Ibanez guitars with a handle.
WTF is the handle for? Am I going to drag a $1300 guitar around without a case???
And the horror of them all -the headless bodyless Steinbergers of the 80's.
Now that I think of it -a lot of guitars were ugly in the 80's.

• Members

dang, i love my tele, strat(s) and les paul!

Don't really dig sg's (thin, top heavy and don't like the look), but do appreciate that people do - and if it inspires them to play, great! to add to that, angus young plays one and he's one of my favorite players!

• Members

dang, i love my tele, strat(s) and les paul!

Don't really dig sg's (thin, top heavy and don't like the look), but do appreciate that people do - and if it inspires them to play, great! to add to that, angus young plays one and he's one of my favorite players!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by wagdog View Post
Don't really dig sg's (thin, top heavy and don't like the look), but do appreciate that people do - and if it inspires them to play, great!
I used to feel that way about SGs, now they are towards the top of my fave list. The thinner slab bodies give that Gibson model a bit of the ol' Fender spank n vibe.

I have trouble with the craziest BC Rich style guitars (tho I like my Mockingbird)

But I guess for more popular designs, I'd go with (or against) the Flying V. I guess that's why I stopped at only owning 3 . biggrin.gif

But I'll take a F-ing V over a Randy Rhoads offset V any time. That was one of my quickest divestments. wink.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by wagdog View Post
Don't really dig sg's (thin, top heavy and don't like the look), but do appreciate that people do - and if it inspires them to play, great!
I used to feel that way about SGs, now they are towards the top of my fave list. The thinner slab bodies give that Gibson model a bit of the ol' Fender spank n vibe.

I have trouble with the craziest BC Rich style guitars (tho I like my Mockingbird)

But I guess for more popular designs, I'd go with (or against) the Flying V. I guess that's why I stopped at only owning 3 . biggrin.gif

But I'll take a F-ing V over a Randy Rhoads offset V any time. That was one of my quickest divestments. wink.gif

• Members

I agree w/GASman^^^^I can't stand Flying V's...incidentally, I also used to loathe SG's but I've been slowly warming up to them...I dig both the 60's and 70's tributes and I'd love to have an SG Jr, Elliot Easton sig or an Angus Young sig...

• Members

I agree w/GASman^^^^I can't stand Flying V's...incidentally, I also used to loathe SG's but I've been slowly warming up to them...I dig both the 60's and 70's tributes and I'd love to have an SG Jr, Elliot Easton sig or an Angus Young sig...

• Members

I used to have an Explorer, which, admittedly, is a totally ridiculous body shape. The body was so big I would bang it into everything on a small stage. It was kind of cool in a cock-rock sort of way though. Maybe I'll get another one some day. idn_smilie.gif

Anything with a pointy or reverse headstock is absolutely ridiculous as well, but I definitely owned my share of those back in the day too.

• Members

I used to have an Explorer, which, admittedly, is a totally ridiculous body shape. The body was so big I would bang it into everything on a small stage. It was kind of cool in a cock-rock sort of way though. Maybe I'll get another one some day. idn_smilie.gif

Anything with a pointy or reverse headstock is absolutely ridiculous as well, but I definitely owned my share of those back in the day too.

Archived